Debt Payoff Assistant will help you to payoff all your debts using the popular Debt-snowball method. The debt-snowball method is the primary debt management technique taught and recommended by many financial experts. Using this approach, you would pay the minimum payments on all your debts until your first debt is payoff. Then you would use the extra payment from the paid off debt and apply it to the next debt. The amount of extra payment will grow as more debts are payoff which results in a "snowball" affect that will help you to payoff subsequent debts faster and increasing your confidence in the process.
Debt Payoff Assistant is a free full-featured version supported by ads. For an ads-free version, please search for "Debt Payoff Pro" in the App Store.
* Universal Binary
- Designed for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad devices. No need to buy separate apps for each device.
* Multiple Debts Tracking
- Track unlimited number of debts.
* Multiple Payoff Strategies
- Lowest Balance First
- Highest Balance First
- Highest Interest First
- Custom Ordering
* Debt Payment Tracking
- Tracking your debt payment is as simple as highlighting the payment from the payment schedule.
* Extra Payment Support
- Make extra principal payments to pay off your debts faster.
* Built-in Calculators
- Payoff Date Calculator
- Mortgage Calculator
- Loan Calculator
* Charts and Reports
- See your total debts, debts remaining, total interest paid, total interest saving, debt payoff date, and debt payoff time savings via charts and reports.
* Percent Paid Progress Bars
- Progress bar for each debt helps motivate you toward paying off your debts.
* Payment Due Date Notification
- Reminds you when payments are due. You can also set the time of day that you want to be notified.
* Amortization Table
- A complete payment schedule allows you to view the interest, principal, and remaining balance for each and every payment of the loan.
* Dynamic Custom Ordering of Debts
- With the custom ordering strategy, you can dynamically change the order of debts payoff from the main screen and instantly see how it affects the total debt plus interest amount and the debt payoff date.
* Payoff Date Calculator
- Use the built-in calculator to see the how the monthly payment amount will affect the payoff date and total interest paid.
* Passcode Security
- Passcode protection to keep financial information private.
* Export Capability
- Export your payment list and amortization schedule in HTML format via email.
* Large Number Keypad
- Enter numeric amounts easier and faster with a large standard keypad.
* Customization Settings and Icons
- Configurable settings and beautiful debt icons to customize the application based on your preferences.
* Debt Delete Lock
- Prevents accidental deletion of debts and debt payment tracking.
* Backup / Restore
- Backup your data to your computer for safekeeping. Then restore it to your iOS device when you need to via the iTunes file sharing interface.
* International Currency Supports
- Currency support is based on the region setting of your device.
* Clean, Intuitive User Interface
Fix issue with app failing to launch on iOS 11
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works great but can improve a lot
I love plugging debt in and seeing my best course of action. It’s great if you only want to snowball bills or have a set payment for all your bills. However it could use a few minor tweaks that would improve it a lot.
(1) There is not a way to just pay extra principle towards debt without snowballing the minimum payments from paid off debt. You can do it one bill at a time but that is only functional for the top priority bill. Choosing which bills you want to snowball into or from rather all or none would make a huge difference.
(2) I also wish the balances of debts kept up with time. Every time Inwant to add a debt or rethink my plan I have to change all the balances.
It still receives 4*s for ease of use, simplicity, and the benefits it does offer. I bought the ad-free version as a tip to the creator. I do not notice many ads with the free version. I would have donated more if allowed.
Works well, but one issue for me
I really do love this app and feel that for the price of free, I can’t complain much. It does help me to see how I can pay off debt faster and I do like to see the breakdown of what my balances will be with the snowball method. The only issue I have is that it doesn’t keep up with time. I started using this back in March and the balances don’t keep up even though I mark how much my payments are and interest. So even though we are a few months down the road my balances still look the same. So I have to readjust the payments and basically start over each month. Not a big inconvenience but still could be improved.
Exactly what I was looking for.
I was attempting to create my own “snowball” method by applying the payment from a previously paid off debt onto the next one and then carrying that larger payment forward until all of my debts are paid off. I wanted to see the payments spread out in a chart so I can actually see what is happening with my payments. I like that I can choose a custom order of applying the snowball or pay in order of highest balance or interest first. I also like that I can add an extra payment and make the snowball bigger! It is a very simple app but it gets the job done. It gave me a closer end date to what seems like endless student loans!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.