One of SEGA’s zaniest platformers, Decap Attack is now available on mobile! Play free and rediscover SEGA’s bonkers head-throwing gem.
Off with his head! Then back on! Then off again! You are Chuck. D. Head, a headless hero, sent on a quest to stop the hordes of Max D. Cap taking over the world. Lob your detachable skull at barmy bad guys, traverse weird and wonderful lands and use your head to bring peace to the world – literally!
Decap Attack joins the ever-increasing line-up of ‘SEGA Forever’, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Seven islands to explore, all based on various parts of the body!
- Seven bosses, including giant toads, yetis, and cannibals!
- Throw your head like a boomerang!
- Collect potions for power-ups that include greater speed, more strength, and instant kills.
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
- PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
"It's well worth losing your head in Decap Attack." [4.6/5] - Abby Normal, GamePro Vol.3 Issue #10 (October 1991)
"Platform fans will love it." [Score 82%] - MegaTech #1 (Xmas 1991)
- Decap Attack a reimagining of 1990's Japanese Mega Drive game Magical Hat
- The game is a spiritual sequel to Master System classic Psycho Fox
- Decap Attack received multiple comic runs in British publication Sonic the Comic back in the '90s
- There's a level select in Decap Attack - check the SEGAZINE to see how to unlock it!
- Decap Attack was originally released in the US and Europe in 1991
- Developed by: Vic Tokai
- Director: Toshihisa Hasegawa
- Lead Composer: Fumito Tamayama
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information)
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Decap Attack, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
We love this classic.....
I can’t even believe that Sega is still this cool. This is the best platformer Vic Tokai ever made.....better than Psycho Fox, the spiritual predecessor to this game.
The level design, the controls, the soundtrack, are all awesome. There’s lots of fun to be had here. The only real draw back is that the reskinned graphics (it was reskinned into a horror game after Vic Tokai lost the anime license associated with the Japanese original) are a little redundant in terms of color and some of the foreground platforms and objects blend in with the background.....but once you get used to it its all good.
You have to love the crazy monster movie-style characters though. This game has a lot of heart and I honestly like it much more than any of the Sonic the Hedgehog games.
If the Sega Forever library is going to have more hardcore games like this then consider me sold.
NOTE: this game absolutely requires, in my opinion, that you play with a good MFI controller. I wouldn’t even attempt it otherwise.
this is the best game I ever played. Every thing is great from the music to the art style. And please make other classic games on mobile like ( Ecco the dolphin ) please put Ecco the dolphin on mobile.
Thank the lord
You brought back my childhood memories and you are amazing please make them all
- Sega America
- 147.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Decap Attack, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.