Do you know how loud is too loud?
Do you know NIHL(Noise induced hearing loss)?
What's the decibel exposure time guidelines?
Decibel Meter (Pro) will tell all the answers to you.
Useful, beautiful and lots of fun, Decibel Meter (Pro) is a must have app for your device! Simply launch the app and start reading the sound levels that surround you every day! Want to know just how loud this club is? Just how loud is this lecture anyhow? How good is the sound isolation in this room? Decibel Meter (Pro) can help you on these case! Download Decibel Meter (Pro) and measure the sounds around you right now!
Decibel Meter (Pro) also tells you decibel exposure time guidelines. It tells you how loud is too loud. It tells you what's Noise induced hearing loss and how to avoid it.
The iPhone's built in microphone is sensitive from 0 to approximately 110 decibels.
Why aren't you getting a 0 decibel reading in a quiet room? A decibel is an actual measurement of sound pressure and aside from a vacuum chamber or out in space 0 dB is not really possible to read. An average quiet room will be in the 40-50 dB range.
- Support iPad. Universal binary, download once and it runs on iPad, iPhone and iPod.
- Support multiple languages: English, French, German, Italia, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese and so on.
- Measure the sound levels around you, with ease!
- Display the Average, Peak and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layout.
- Easy to read interface with amazing graphics optimized for the new Retina display!
- Start or stop Decibel Meter (Pro) any time. The last measurements are saved and displayed.
- Plotted history of the Average values.
- Tap graph to switch color.
- Easy to pick graph color.(Pro Version)
- Record and export the data to email for further analysis.(Pro Version)
- Tap on Max to reset it any time.
- Warm guide for how to avoid Noise-induced hearing loss(NIHL).(Pro Version)
- Decibel exposure time guidelines tell you how loud is too loud.(Pro Version)
- Decide whether or not you want your device to sleep while metering.(Pro Version)
- Adjustable sample rate.(Pro Version)
- Calibrate the measurements from -10dB to 10dB.(Pro Version)
- Sound effects that can be turned on or off.(Pro Version)
- Reset settings to defaults.(Pro Version)
You will not be let down!! Get Decibel Meter (Pro) and enjoy it now !!
1. Support New device: iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S
2. Support ios7
3. Fix some bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use
Very easy to use
Simple read out
Useful tool to determine if you need further technical testing
This app is very handy. I use this to measure how loud A particular area is to determine if it's required to wear your plugs or not so that I don't cause anymore damage to my ears; because they're bad enough already. I wish I had this when I was younger, much much younger.
Just downloaded this app for the hell of it, wanting to see how it worked and it stayed at 60 with no noise AT ALL. I was disappointed to say the least, especially because also, it only went up to exactly 110. All in all, it wasn't accurate and has no real use, I deleted it within less then 5 minutes, don't waste your time with this garbage!
- Dominic Watson
- 8 MB
Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © ipixeltech
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.