Decked Builder is the premium deck building app for Magic the Gathering -- providing a sleek user interface to research decks, find cards, and then build, price and finally buy the deck that you want.
Version 3.3 updates:
- Support for iOS 7
"This is the program I recommend for anyone willing to spend ... on an MtG application. I’m one of those people who will generally take the free alternative over the paid app any day, but I’m actually happy to have spent the money on this one. It has a ton of very cool features, runs smoothly, and even has RSS feeds for several top MtG sites."
- Michael Evans, GatheringMagic.com
"Decked Builder is the absolute pinnacle of what a Magic the Gathering accessory app should be. There’s almost nothing that I need, that this app can’t do for me."
- Jaden, appaddict.net
"The iPad version of Decked Builder is perfect. Solitaire play has been upgraded and the card loading speed is marvelous. Thanks for a good application."
- Eugene Lee, author of Wagic
"I have to say that this app is certainly one that I would recommend to any MTG player"
- Josh Elliot, eyeofthevortex.com
* Find your cards
- Instant search results with no Internet connection as the database is stored locally
- Search for cards by any combination of card expansion, rarity, color, type or cost
- Built in support for tournament formats including Standard, Modern, Extended, EDH and Classic
- See only distinct cards, or find every printing of a card in every set
- Full card text search -- easily find every Landfall card, Elf, Vampire or any other attribute that has ever been printed.
* Build your decks
- Build multiple deck listings and sideboards
- Easily test sample draws from the deck, and simulate a game of Magic by playing cards to the battlefield.
- Get statistics on your deck including mana curves, color symbol counts and card type percentages
- Email decks to your friends
- Full text search for cards in your deck -- perfect for building EDH 100 card singleton decks
- Sort and filter your deck by mana cost, color, card type, tournament legality and more
* Price and buy your decks
- Decked Builder contains multiple price feeds from TCGplayer.com, CoolStuffInc.com, CardShark.com and MTGOTraders.com
- Finding the cheapest way to put your deck together from some of the largest card suppliers on the Internet
- Price your entire deck with a single tap
- Easily buy your entire deck online, or just cards missing from your collection
* Research decks
- Decked Builder includes RSS feeds which are specially formatted for clean viewing and fast downloads.
- Cards names are automatically be highlighted for instant (no network required) card lookups from the built-in database
- Featured RSS feeds from TCGplayer.com, DraftMagic.com, MTGCast, PureMTGO.com, Channel Fireball, Power 9 Pro, GatheringMagic.com, StarCityGames
- Deck integration with mtgo-stats.com allows you to download, analyze and test the latest winning decks directly on your device
* Track your collection (in-app purchase required)
- Easily input your collection by any criteria you can think of
- Find missing cards to complete your collection or your deck
- Value your collection -- find out how much you have spent on your Magic addiction
- iCloud synchronization makes it effortless to keep your collection in synch across your Mac, iPad and iPhone.
* And More!
- Decked Builder features high-definition card art scans that display brilliantly on your Retina Display
- Fully support for Innistrad day/night cards, Kamigawa flip cards and split cards
- Works perfectly offline with no Internet connection
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Still Good, But Developed Issues
I’ve used this app on my phone and computer for years. It was solid for a long time. Would have been 5 stars. Then the app on my phone would crash a lot for a good 6 months (a year or 2 ago). Once that was fixed, the app started having issues fetching my collection and decks from Dropbox/Google Drive. It was never a problem before, but then it started happening for the last year. Instead of it automatically loading my collection and deck upon first opening the app, I have to manually open them a few times. Rather annoying because if I close out the app, even for a few seconds, I’ll have to reopen all the files a few times to get it to work.
I’ve reached out multiple times and the questions I always get are “does it work when you save locally?” It does, but I use online storage managers so I can access these files on my computer and phone easily. I’d have to constantly sync these files with one other if I saved everything locally each time I updated one.
Used to be a great app, but over the years it has slowed down into something lesser. I still recommend it if you are just going to use it on your phone. But if you plan on using it across multiple devices, you might find issues with the online storage option.
NEEDS UPDATING for Standard!!!
Like the title says - This WAS a FANTASTIC app, but it seems it hasn’t been updated since Amonkhet? If there’s a reason for this I would love to know, and to know whether the devs have given up on it.
I WANT this app to continue - it’s by far the simplest, most efficient, and least-buggy deck building tool around. Nothing to big or fancy, or money-grabbing, just smooth, user-friendly and complete with pricing, searching and deck building features features. No other app, before or since, has been anything less than a hassle, but I have very fond memories of this one. It was my go-to. Now, however, I can’t even use it because it contains NONE of the most recent set. Please update and continue to work on this app because very much I’d like to use it again.
Please Obi-Wan Kenobi, you’re my only hope.
Was good, recent updates make it bad
The updates recently to the search and general user interface are awful. Searching by collection is much harder, and it’s a lot easier to bounce between collection and deck list on accident when adding individual cards. It used to be that you could limit the search to cards you own and be in deck building mode to build a deck, now for every single search you have to manually re-hit the deck building mode switch... also, names can be harder to read due to how the ellipses work, and if something has a long creature type bar you can’t see power/toughness from browsing mode, and the hit box for the plus/minus button in card mode is absolutely awful.
It used to be really really really good though. I have no idea who greenlit this update, because it’s a strict downgrade from the earlier interface. Sure there are a couple more filters, but if all I cared about was filters I’d be using something like scryfall. I liked the easy accessibility and great user interface and how easy it used to be to select your card pool-sets, collections, formats (I am glad you added pauper, but the ui in the update is soooooooooooooooooo bad), and the like but now I hate the new ui so I find it hard to use and recommend the app. Fix the ui, and I’ll fix my rating to where it should be, a 5.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tan Thor Jen
- 40 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 Tan Thor Jen
- In-App Purchases
- Collections Add-On $2.99
- Card Cam Add-On $4.99