Decloner helps you find and eliminate duplicate files on your Mac quickly and reliably.
• Compares files using Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA-1) for ultimate reliability
• Has simple straightforward user interface
• Scans across multiple folders, iPhoto and Aperture libraries
• Can quickly process large number of files
• Displays file information and supports QuickLook
• Saves scan results and restores them when reopened
• Automatically selects duplicate files for removal
• Never deletes files — places them in a staging area or tags as duplicate for your ultimate peace of mind
• Allows restoration of files from the staging area in case you change your mind
• Optionally replaces deleted duplicates with aliases of the remaining file
• Supports file exclusion lists
• Ignores files smaller than a user-defined size
• Ensures at least one copy of a file remains
If you find Decloner useful, a positive review is very much appreciated.
• Fixed crash when deleting files from iPhoto or Aperture
• Fixed truncated button titles on Yosemite
Ratings and Reviews
Yeah, great... simple?
Looks like I probably wasted $20. I simply want to FILTER out ONE folder on finder, "Users", as there are inherently a lot of duplicates there that need to be there as duplicates. Anyway, I tried EVERYTHING to get that "filter" option in preferences to exclude my "users" folder. Never worked, and one time I got some rdiculous results that made no sense. Went ot the support site, and could not find one article or tip or hint how to filter...
One of the best Duplicate tools
Over the course of a few years I tried all the duplicate file utilities I could find and eventually settled on DeCloner. This was after version 1.4 came out because it added multiple source options. 64-bit support probably helped too since I scan a lot of extensive archive hard drives with lots of files.
TidyUp is a good alternate, but I think it is cumbersome to set up and use if you need simple comparison of folders or drives. In a nutshell I found DeCloner the easiest to use.
Has a slight cosmetic redraw glitch in Lion, which I'm assuming will be fixed soon.
iphoto not obviously scannable
I bought this lieu of duplicate annihilator. I'm running it on my whole personal documents folder including all libraries but was not able to hit just the iphoto library like I really wanted. Where's the refund button on the APPLE App store?!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.