Deep Photo is a camera app that supports underwater housings:
- SeaLife SportDiver
- Weefine Smart Housing, Smart Housing Pro
- Kraken Universal Smart Phone Housing
- HotDive H2 Housing
* If you can not connect to the housing, please check if maybe some other app in the background is still connected!
* Switch preview mode from thumbnail to full screen on menu SET - PREVIEW
* Timestamp, depth, and temperature overlay can be set on the menu MODE - OVERLAY
It has an intuitive user interface designed for capturing amazing underwater photos.
- Use all iPhone lenses (Wide, Tele, Ultra Wide, Front) *
- Photo and Video mode (HD, 4K, ProRes, HDR, and Slow Motion - 240fps) *
- Auto and Manual focus
- Auto and Manual Exposure
- Set white balance and ISO
- Self-timer, Multi shots, and Burst mode
- Browse the Gallery with playback
- Battery level indicator for iPhone and Housing
- Sleep timer to save battery
* depends on the device’s hardware
- fixed bug when ask for location privacy
Ratings and Reviews
good when it works, but very buggy
using this with an iphone 13 pro and a kraken KRH05 housing. when it works it’s awesome, but frequently when i’m underwater the preview screen will freeze and i won’t be able to take photos. also, the temperature gauge is wrong and even though my phone is in metric units, the app still shows depth and temperature in fahrenheit and feet.
Great Alternative for the SeaLife SportDiver Housing
I was using the manufacturer app, but was disappointed with the sync speed, limited frame rates and mandatory waiting time between lens changes. Deep Photo syncs almost immediately, allows 60 FPS shooting and changes lenses very quickly. I had a few questions about the app and the developer was very responsive, often replying the same day. Will be using this as my default app for the SportDiver housing regularly.
Only option for Kraken housing and 48 MP iP 14 pro …
That’s the only reason I am giving this 2 stars, otherwise it would be one star.
Why is the camera preview so small?
Why doesn’t the Macro mode of the iPhone 14 work? Should auto switch to macro when focus gets to close for main lens (when in 12MP mode).
+/- physical buttons should be used for focus and other adjustments as well as zoom.
Needs value indicators for focus. I have no idea if I am focused as close as possible, as far, or how far between. I think the same is true for all adjustments, need more than just a +/- button with no feedback.
And there is no exposure adjust!!!!! There is only auto or exposure lock, no “auto but a bit darker or lighter” setting? Big oversight!
Should have option to save as raw and jpeg, like SeaLife app does.
No instructions that I could find in app or elsewhere.
On the plus side, it does connect quickly.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Deep Blue d.o.o.
- 4.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023, Deep Blue d.o.o.
- In-App Purchases
- Subscription Monthly $2.49
- Subscription Yearly $21.99