Personalise your fishing experience with the most popular fishing app.
With the most downloads of any fish finder app, Fish Deeper is the best app for smart anglers. Combined with one of the Deeper castable sonars, it turns your smartphone into a high-grade sonar display.
Outstanding user experience, crisp clarity and ability to modify your sonar display according to your fishing needs makes Fish Deeper the only app with countless fishing possibilities.
With our global community of over two million smart anglers growing by the day, it is definitely a must-have app for any angler. Plan your fishing trip and map the waters you fish to maximise your catch rate: know when and where to fish, measure the depth, locate targets and adjust a number of settings whichever way you want.
The Fish Deeper App offers a lot of great features:
• Find the best location with Offline Maps: Download the maps of your region and plan the next trip without any hassle.
• Benefit from the detailed display layout: Plan any change in circumstances with display header showing time, water depth, temperature, sonar/phone battery levels, boat speed and notifications regarding your sonar connectivity.
• Take advantage of the real-time history: Scan the waters for as long as you want and simply rewind the data while you are still scanning.
• Create bathymetric maps directly from the shore in Onshore mode (only with the PRO+) or with a Deeper sonar mounted to your boat.
• View and analyse your lake maps on your PC/laptop using Lakebook™ (maps.deepersonar.com) bathymetry management platform.
• Control your scanning: From the moment you open the app, you can decide when you want to connect to your sonar, start, pause or resume your session whenever you choose to get back to it.
• Store all your fishing data collected from your Deeper sonar with unlimited data storage in the app, then back up on our secured cloud server or view it on Lakebook™.
Now you can easily tailor your Deeper sonar experience to your fishing needs by adjusting these features:
• FISHING TYPE: Pick from Standard, Boat and Onshore modes and your sonar display settings will change accordingly varying from generic to much more detailed (**Ice Fishing mode is coming in October**)
• DISPLAY MODE: Customise your scanning qualities by choosing between Basic (only showing vegetation and water depth) and Raw (very detailed and crisp quality images) modes.
• BEAM ANGLE: Narrow or Wide (also Mid for the CHIRP) beam angles will help you distinguish how big of an area and how detailed you want you scanning to be.
• DISPLAY SENSITIVITY: Adjust the screen sensitivity depending on the water depth, clarity and bottom structure.
• FISH ICONS: The feature allows you to see them displayed, change icon size, see how deep they are located and switch on/off the fish alarm.
• COLOR PALETTE: Choose the color palette that would best display your sonar settings or turn on the night fishing feature to help you see your sonar more clearly in the dark (when used together with the Deeper Night Fishing Cover).
Ratings and Reviews
Nice new UI but needs improvement
I have used the Deeper pro Plus for the past year and really enjoyed it. One of my favorite memories was using the device fishing off a small dock and listening to the pings of the fish circle my bait. Now with this new app redesign it would appear that feature is gone. I am not sure why it was removed but if it was a complaint on the last version on the app then a switch should be added to turn it on or off.
Also it asks you to choose what mode you are wanting to use, from the boat or from the shore for example, when using this from a boat or in my case a kayak, it would be nice to be able to know the speed as well, there is a place for this in the UI but it does not appear to be working. Lastly I know this app is the first version of an update but quite often it would stop scanning and I would have to completely close the app.
As far as the pros, I do like the feature that shows the depth of the fish, You can either adjust it so that it shows how deep the fish are or how far off the bottom they are. This is perfect for me to quickly readjusting the depth of my bait. I really like this device and I hope they continue to add an update with even better features. I know the next version “the chirp” is coming out and I would be interested to see the difference.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, really sorry for the negative experience with our new app!
Rest assured, fish alarm feature will be back very soon - our developers are currently working on bringing it back.
There were no new depth limitations added in the new app, and they are same as they were: 4ft is the minimum depth when using Wide beam, and 2ft when using the Narrow beam (these limitations are related to sonar hardware rather than the app). So, please try to switch to Narrow beam if you are fishing in depths below 4 feet.
We will definitely continue to update the app with new features, and improve the existing ones. You can expect some major updates being released within next few months - really hope you'll like them.
It would be very helpful if you could email us at email@example.com with the model of your device and the iOS version. This will really help us to fix the problem with the boat speed indicator and your Deeper stopping scanning. Please also don't hesitate to share any feedback and suggestions in regards to the app.
We'll be looking forward to hearing from you.
Recently received the Deeper Start edition right when the UI change launched. I had been using the app without the sonar just for calendar and other stuff to get familiar with it once I received the unit. I wish the new UI had launched when all the features were ready. It now feels like a very hum drum experience. I also have to restart my phone every time I want to use the app. It doesn’t make sense. I open the app and I get a black screen with the blue header at the top and it just hangs. Once I restart my phone it works well. I will gladly update my review once all the features are restored but for now I am a little bummed. Especially with the fish alert being turned off. Seems more like the beta version rather than a full release. Would’ve been fine with the old version rather than receive 1/3 of the new version. I’m sure once all the features are in place it will be great.
Aside from that, make sure your unit and phone are fully charged and shouldn’t have any connection issues. I also turn off the cell radio on the phone to make sure there isn’t any interference.
Developer Response ,
Hello, really sorry for the negative experience and thanks for such a detailed feedback. Rest assured, we'll bring back some of the missing features, and also introduce many exciting new features. Fish alarms will be back as soon as possible, and developers are already working on it. Our aim is to make the FishDeeper app the best of its kind.
I'd advise you to try and reinstall the app - this should help with the black screen issue, and you won't need to restart the phone every time.
Sorry for all the inconvenience. If you happen to have any additional questions or suggestions - be sure to let us know firstname.lastname@example.org
A waste of money, poor customer service
I love the thought of this product, it’s compact and compatible. Except the Deeper didn’t work out of the box like it said it would. 1’-130’ is what Deeper says it can function for range right on the side of the box. I can not get 10’ from my iPhone or IPad without it losing connection, no matter if I run the radar in basic or detail mode. Tried for a few weeks contacting them to find out what was wrong. No help, made me sound like I didn’t have a problem. So if you want to cast with your Deeper, I would recommend strapping your phone to the end of your line as well. Last summer I was using this basically over priced tennis ball on my kayak which I’ve made a special mount for. P.S. “DO NOT USE their flexible arm mount they offer for this product, the clamp is cheap and can fail and I’ve witnessed it. The Deeper floats, but not with the flex arm attached to it.” With the Deeper sitting basically next to me it works. NOW the app crashes every time I try to open it, yes I’ve updated it and I run the newest IOS on a iPhone 8 Plus. Last week I spent 20 mins just trying to sync up the Deeper to my iPhone ice fishing and I’ve stayed quiet long enough. So thank you Deeper for everything. Maybe I’ll attach the flex arm to my Deeper and watch it sink and in 50 years if the find it, they can figure out what you couldn’t.
Developer Response ,
So sorry to hear that you had issues like that! The kind of connection range that you're getting doesn't look normal at all, and could be something related to the hardware of your Deeper. We would really like to get this resolved, so could you email us at email@example.com please? We'll help you. Thanks.
- Deeper UAB
- 35.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Deeper
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.