At the heart of DeerCast is over 90 years of Mark and Terry Drury’s whitetail hunting expertise. That knowledge powers an hour-by-hour, real-time, algorithm-driven deer movement forecast out to 14 days for your precise location.
Knowing when a deer is likely to be up and on its feet is crucial for a successful hunt. But you also have to know the land and how to deploy your resources, like stands and trail cameras relative to deer signs. Create a killer ground game with a map purpose-built for whitetail hunting. Here are just some of the advanced tools you get with DeerCast MAP:
• Rain Stations - Prep your food plots and time your hunts with historic and upcoming rainfall data.
• Wind Check - Play the wind and understand how it behaves with Wind Check. This tool allows you to see the current and future winds on your map, paired with crucial information for how to hunt that particular wind speed.
• Food Plot / Area Measurement - Measure acreage, help estimate seed and chemicals needed, and record what you planted.
• Distance - Supercharge your Maps with a built-in rangefinder that measures from yards to miles!
• Live Doppler Radar - Get real-time and forecasted radar animated into your maps
• Path Tracking - Create a GPS track to reference later.
• Parcel Data - Access new ground and know who owns the land around you with parcel data
• Waypoints - Choose from a concise library of purpose-built waypoints that hunters need.
Get expert advice from seasoned trackers on what vitals you may have hit, how long to wait, and what to look for in the tracking process. Pick your point of impact on an anatomical deer model and the proprietary DeerCast Track algorithm will select hits that most closely match yours from our extensive database and then deliver videos that show the affected body systems. Hands down, Track is the most advanced deer recovery tool around.
Every day, the DeerCast COMMUNITY updates with stories of success from the field, news articles, tips, incredible hunt videos and more! Interact with Drury Outdoor team members and other DeerCasters in a fun, positive community. Scroll on through and enjoy:
• DeerCast Dailies - Boost your outdoor knowledge with a constantly-updating library of articles from our team of experienced outdoor writers!
• FAN SHARES - Upload and share your successes in the Fan Share feed!
• Journals - Learn from DOD team members & see their kill shots as they happen directly from the field!
With four different tiers to choose from, you decide which version best suits the way you hunt. Get ahead of your game with DeerCast!
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your AppStore account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period and identify the cost of the renewal.
- Payment will be charged to your AppStore Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Turn off auto-renewal via the main Settings app: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
We want to know about your experience with DeerCast! Shoot us an email at support@DeerCast.com.
Just in time for deer season, this latest release allows you to share your waypoints and Rain Stations with other DeerCast Maps users!
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t get the chance to be in a tree as much as I would like (work, kids, life) but when I do I want to maximize my time. DeerCast gives me one location to go that helps me better understand the when and why of deer hunting. Nothing is flawless but I’ve found DeerCast to be a good tool for predicting movement. Rut in northern Iowa is my vacation each year. Utilizing the tools for the past couple years has proven to me the DeerCast will be reasonably accurate down to the hours.
I’m a data driven person so this has been a great tool. The one enhancement I would suggest is adding a personal diary where I can keep logs on my hunts, from deer activity, weather conditions, possibly even pictures, etc. Being able to go back and look at my historical information would be helpful in determining hunts in future years. Please consider adding this functionality as I believe it would add great benefits for your loyal users.
Glitchy, but highly recommended
I just got this app. I installed it, set my location and then tried to watch some videos. For example, I tried watching the video about Mark’s rut hunting. First the video had no sound. I saw on these reviews that I have to have my ringer on. (Which is a major issue for me when hunting) So in the process of trying to watch a video and finding out how to get sound, the app crashed twice. It seems like every time I exit out of a video, the app crashes.
The app is definitely something that I would probably pay for if it worked correctly. There just seems to be a lot of glitches in it. Now, I understand that in the process of developing and releasing apps there is a matter of testing and updating it to remove the glitches. Getting the bugs worked out so to say. That is why I am giving it 5 stars. I see it all the time, a company releases an app, a bunch of people get the app and try it out. They realize that it does not work perfectly (although it is free and they lost nothing except a little time) and they proceed to give it terrible reviews. Then the company updates and fixes all of the issues in the app and the app gets running very smooth. Those negative reviewers never update their review so it looks like the app has a bunch of negative reviews. So the company updates and improves the app and the negative people never update their reviews. If you ask me, sounds like the negative reviewers are the ones who should be defending their review.
Developer Response ,
Sorry about those crashes! This is one we haven't heard much of and would like to know more. Will you shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can dig in a little more?
And more updates are on the way!
I live outside the Midwest in a high pressure location and was skeptical if this would be helpful. After using this app this season, I can say that it has helped me be a better hunter and helped me better plan limited time off in the deer woods. I normally don’t hunt much late season and especially in high wind and a nearly full moon but the app said it was likely to be great hunting the next morning after a big rain and it was going to be 15 mph winds. Sure enough 6 deer and then big boy 10 pointer walks by after a doe. The app uses algorithms to evaluate all the variables like lunar feeding times, plus temperature, cloud cover, barometric pressure, wind, rainfall, time of the rut, etc, to assign a rating for expected deer activity. The better the rating, the more concentrated the activity will be. It’s now my second favorite hunting app, after my mapping app. I HIGHLY recommend it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the review!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Drury Marketing, Inc.
- 164.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Contests Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Gambling
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 Drury Marketing, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- DeerCast Elite $19.99
- DeerCast Pro $9.99
- DeerCast Elite + $49.99
- DeerCast Unlimited $74.99