From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Delaware Online app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• Terms of Service: http://cm.delawareonline.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• We've made finding premium content even easier!
• Lots of bug fixes and performance improvements made along the way.
Ratings and Reviews
I still get the actual paper Thurs thru Sunday. I have not cared as much for News Journal when few changes had been made. The listing of where to find various things no longer listed on 1st page. The house of the week featured article no longer exist. Next to know listings or info on homes. Computer not always more than one in the home but generally more than one person. Less content and more money a reason many stopped with paper. Sad.
Stick with the website, subscribers can’t sign into the app
I’m a recent re-subscriber, trying to support local news. I can sign in to the website just fine, when I sign in to the app it sends me to an “Account Lookup” page and when I close that... I’m no longer signed in. I’m deleting the app, it’s pointless if a paid subscriber can’t simply login to the app to access content.
Apps require regular maintenance folks. If Gannett isn’t prepared to run these apps with a standard product lifecycle model they might as well capitulate the app world and stick with the website - after many decades that’s finally adequate. Perhaps we will be able to say the same thing about the app when they have had a couple decades to likewise improve it on the cheap.
I can’t activate my digital or print because the system keeps asking for an account number. There has been NO mention of an account number. I live chatted with an agent who said I had no account. I SENT AN ACCEPTED PAYMENT TWICE! The app will not honor the three free months they advertise.
Where do I find an account number?
Both live chat and voice support conveniently disconnected each time I tried to speak to customer service because, I feel, this was on purpose by each representative because they could not find the solution. From frustration, I feel both agents purposely disconnected.
Meanwhile I have sent a confirmed payment twice!!!!! I want a subscription!! I’m not giving up!! Find the account number for me!!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 196 MB
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2022 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- The News Journal Digital Subscription $14.99
- The News Journal Annual Digital Subscription $69.99