Delay Start executes a list of programs after a time delay
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Worth the price (Free!) but want a few more features
This basic utility works wonderfully to delay start-up of applications. While I am thankful for this utility, the FREE price tag comes with features and support to match. For new users, here are a few notes:
1. This Delay Start must be manually added to the Login Items in System Preferences / Users & Groups. Check the “Hide” box if you don’t want to see the application run.
2. Delete any programs in Login Items you wish to delay.
3. Start Delay Start manually, and add the applications you wish to start after the specified delay.
As mentioned, there is great opportunity for a few additional features for a $0.99 app:
1. Auto install in Login Items.
2. Ability to stagger startup items.
3. Ability to control login items not viewed in the Login Items dialog such as Dropbox & OneDrive.
4. App terminates & closes all windows once complete.
5. Generate a log file for debugging that is viewable when the app is run manually.
Works very well, and it’s free. That being said, it could use some improvements and the developer is entirely unresponsive.
Great but need something more
For the price its a good start. For future release (i’m willing to pay for it) I would like to see 1) the ability to stagger application launches so that they don’t all launch at the same time 2) a way to reorder the apps without having to delete them and re-add them 3) An option for this utility to launch itself on startup 4) I don’t want to see this app when it is running nor when it is done
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.