Delta Dental’s App gives you access to our most popular member tools on your mobile device.
Key features of the Delta Dental app include:
- Show your ID card at the dental office without getting out your wallet. The app provides access to your ID card as soon as you log in to the app, and the ability to save your ID card to the app home screen or your Passbook/Wallet so you don’t have to login at all. Even email your ID card to your dentist or a dependent right from our app. (Login required)
- Find out what to expect with our Dental Care Cost Estimator. Our easy to use tool provides estimated cost ranges for common dental care needs for dentists in your area. See what dentists charge both in and out of network for the most common dental treatments. (Login required, not available in all geographic areas)
An enhanced version of our Dental Care Cost Estimator provides an estimate for you and your family's out of pocket costs for common dental care needs, for a selected dentist. (Login required, only available for ID, NJ, CT and KS members)
-A dentist search tool that makes it easy to search for a dentist in your area. Search using your current location or input your home or work address. Your results can be filtered or sorted to help you find a dentist that suits your specific needs. Then, save your dentist to your contacts, call to schedule an appointment or navigate directly to their office with the touch of your finger. You can also now save your preferred dentist, with easy access to their information right from the home page.
-Claims and coverage information on the go. See your plan type, benefit levels, deductibles and maximums and find contact information for your Delta Dental company. Check the status of your most recent dental claims, for both you and your dependents, and save time by adding your dependents directly to the app for easy access. (Login required)
-Find out how your smile scores. Our LifeSmile Score is a comprehensive oral wellness risk assessment tool. You are a few questions away from knowing your personalized risk profile for tooth decay, gum disease and oral cancer. (Login required, not available in all geographic areas)
About Delta Dental
Since 1954, Delta Dental has been working to improve oral health by emphasizing preventative care, because we believe that everyone deserves to enjoy a healthy smile. As America's largest and most trusted dental benefits carrier, we cover more Americans than any other dental benefits provider—and strive daily to make dental coverage more accessible and affordable to a wide variety of employers, groups and individuals.
Bug fixes and performance improvement.
Ratings and Reviews
The definition of hot garbage
This app is the definition of hot garbage. If I could give it 0 stars or negative stars I would. It it is extremely slow and provides little to no valuable information and proves to be extremely useless nearly 100% of the time.
For example, 100% of the time I try to tap anything on the bottom bar say, “find a dentist”, “my coverage” or “my claims” it pops up an error message saying that they are unable to connect at this time and to come back at <insert time 20 minutes from now> Central Time. Come back 20 minutes later, same message. Further more, why am I give a time in central time, have you not considered users in other time zones!? This is not intermittent, literally 100% of the time. I can literally only view the content of the home screen. Cool, except when it’s not. According to the App Store the app hasn’t been updated in 3 months!? 3 months in modern software development time is the equivalent of 10 years. It’s safe to say that Delta Dental is the only insurance company I have ever had that doesn’t have an operable app. Get it together it’s 2019, my grandmother could write a more useful app than this.
Laggy, difficult to use
This isn’t an iOS app, it’s some kind of crappy web wrapper. Every tap has no immediate feedback and takes many seconds to show any effect (if any). There are no standard controls anywhere. Layout doesn’t work correctly on an iPhone X or newer—it overlaps the home bar and doesn’t draw to the top of the status bar.
User interface is just poorly designed. Every possible menu item is also a tab bar, and it’s crowded and difficult to navigate. Even switching between tabs takes time and displays a static image of a tooth instead of an animated activity indicator (but not right away, it takes just long enough that you wondered if your tap was in the right spot).
Still needs work
Still needs to fix:
1) My benefits don’t load under “my coverage” - that page is blank and it’s pretty important so please fix that.
2) When I search for a dentist, the “my location” pin on the map is the same color and shape as the pin for dentists - how am I supposed to tell them apart??
3) When looking at the map with my search results, if I touch one of the pins, the dentists name pops up - this is good. But touching that name doesn’t bring me to their info page. It doesn’t even move the list below to that dentists name. I have to scroll and scroll and scroll to find it.
4) Adding a little description of what each type of dentist is for would be helpful. I don’t know what an endodontist is and I could google it but it would be nice to have it here in the app.
Otherwise, I can finally log in! I wasn’t able to do that before this recent update. And they improved the cost estimator thanks to the new law that requires them to do so.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Delta Dental Plans Association
- 75.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2001-2021 Delta Dental Plans Association
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.