"Spacehopper has distilled the fun and chaos of combat-focused racing games like Mario Kart and Wipeout into a 2D side-scrolling affair that works tremendously well on the touchscreen." (TouchArcade)
"...its skilful fusion of racing and side-scrolling shooting comes off beautifully, making it one of the most interesting games of its kind on the App Store." (PockerGamer 8/10)
Snake your way through the galaxy’s finest race tracks, and charge to victory in some of the coolest ships known to man. Quick thinking and faster reactions are the order of the day. Race tactically; throw off homing missiles with decoy mines or risk the tight fast route to pull a chain-boosted lead then claim your victory from the tournament BOSS as you take him out with a Laser blast…
Can you take your place at the top podium on every event and become a true Delta-V Legend?
• Race against friend’s Ghosts in all 54 events – watch them crash and burn!
• 6 tournaments split across 54 events, all with multiple routes to victory.
• 7 distinct event types including Race, Elimination, Collector, Time Trials...
• 8 awesome offensive and defensive power ups (Cannon, Spread, Laser, Mine, Missiles, Force Field, Boost, Phase Shift.
• Work your way through 12 unique ships, each with different performance, defence, and loadout capabilities.
• Advanced AI that is just waiting for you to slip up.
• A totally original, thumping soundtrack by DeathBoy.
• Game Center achievements and leaderboards.
• Cloud saving. Uses your Game Center ID to keep your progress across multiple devices.
• Get that quick adrenaline fix or settle in for a full-on, nerve fraying session.
Fixed some layout issues on iPhone X.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fun Racing Game!
I was kind of hesitant of the $1.99 prize point, but I have realized that that was a steal. This game feels like a 2D version of F-Zero, but far more extreme.
I like the combat style gameplay, in addition to the obstacles that are posed by the levels. The levels are unique and serve as a challenge when you dodging missiles/lasers/etc by your opponents.
In addition, I love the ghosting feature! It gives me more of a reason to try to top the leader boards and figure out the best route when I'm trying to beat a ghosted player.
Overall, I give this game a 5/5. If you want to play a cool racing game while you're on the go or lounging at home, go ahead and pick this game up!
I will see you on the leader boards! :-)
P.S. It also seems like the developers will be adding another tournament/tour to the campaign. So, that should prove to be even more challenging.
Screen resolution not optimized newer phones
I have an iPhone X and a good portion of the screen is off the bottom. The game doesn’t display edge-to-edge either. As noted in prior reviews the controls lag making the game seem oddly disconnected from the controls.
Pros: Great presentation, charming graphics, retro sounds, easy menus, iCloud save, universal binary, great progression, no IAP.
Cons: Controls are too slow for my tastes, which can get frustrating. The ship lags behind your finger. I have beat the game 100% and still don't love the controls. Also, the music gets annoying really fast, thankfully there is an option to turn off the music but keep the sounds. Some random difficulty spikes on a couple of levels as well.
Verdict: I had a blast with this game. Controls took off a star, but they aren't broken, just a little too slow. Non IAPs blocking progress is very refreshing and progress feels rewarding.
-Reviwed on iPhone 5 and iPad mini
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.