Are you caring for someone with dementia or Alzheimer's in later stages and feeling stressed out? Are you looking for new ways to manage the challenging behaviours caused by dementia?
Designed to reduce your stress, the Dementia Caregiver Solutions App provides you with expert advice at your fingertips for dealing with some of the most difficult dementia-related behaviours to get you through the day-to-day.
Difficult common dementia-related behaviours, such as aggression, anxiety/agitation, wanting to “go home”, sundowning, or refusing to bathe often cause the most stress for families and caregivers. This easy-to-use app provides practical creative solutions and approaches that are based on expert knowledge and have been used in real-life settings.
- Expert advice on handling 25 dementia-related behaviours
- Over 400 tips curated by experts in dementia and aging
- Personalize your collection of “Favourite” tips
- Exclusive information about dementia
- Recommendations for self-care
- Create and save your own personal notes
- Additional helpful resources
“I found the app well-presented and very informative with some practical tips in coping with dementia.”
- Karan Powell, Dementia Service Coordinator
“The app is laid out very well – well organized, and easy to follow.”
- Lynda Greaves, Retired Nurse
“It’s really good for when I get frustrated and need to come back to facts and reality.”
- Stacey Fletcher, Caregiver
“The app is great. Been looking for easy ways to help me provide care to my clients with dementia. This is it! Brilliant!!!”
- Professional Caregiver
“Thank you so much…It has some great information and helpful tips! …Thank you so much for this useful tool, I will be sure to tell others!”
Angela Gentile, MSW, RSW, a specialist in aging who has worked with older adults for over 25 years and author of the book, “Caring for a Husband with Dementia – The Ultimate Survival Guide”
Karen Tyrell, a dementia consultant, educator and author of the book, “Cracking the Dementia Code – Creative Solutions to Cope with Changed Behaviours”.
The Dementia Caregiver Solutions app combines the knowledge and expertise of both to create an invaluable resource that you can access anywhere at any time.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
• New 'Self Care' and 'Other Resources' page with new content
• New 'My Notes' page to easily store personal notes in the app
• Easily send us feedback via the new feedback buttons
• Content updates and improvements throughout the entire app
• Receive occasional 'Quick Tips' from our experts via notifications
Ratings and Reviews
The developer, Lorenzo Gentile, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Lorenzo Gentile
- 28.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Angela G. Gentile and Karen Tyrell, 2015
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.