This quick reference guide for the iPhone and iPad is intended to provide the busy practitioner with an easy-to-use, practical resource for managing patients with dementia. The app is based on the widely distributed book, “A Pocket Guide to Dementia and Associated Behavioral Symptoms: Diagnosis, Assessment, and Management.”
This guide was written by a team of professionals to help individuals understand the different types of dementia and to determine an appropriate treatment plan for patients with newly diagnosed dementia or ongoing behavioral and cognitive symptoms of dementia.
· Easy navigation by topic
· Tables, algorithms, and brief synopses of critical information
· Covers background, types of dementias and presenting symptoms, initial and ongoing clinical assessment, Alzheimer’s disease treatment, and managing behavioral symptoms
· Medication tables that include dosing, contraindications, common adverse effects, and drug interactions
· Nonmedication management strategies – useful for providers and in educating caregivers
· Expanded glossary of terms
· ICD-9 quick reference
Updated for iOS 12 and new iPhone models.
Ratings and Reviews
Not A good point of care tool
Good description of dementia, risk factors, differentials but does not have a build in tools to use to evaluate patients Was hoping to get a mini metal status exam calculator but got a description instead
Developer Response ,
Great suggestion! We are working on adding some tools for patient assessment. At the time the app was created, the MMSE was copyrighted and had strict rules for use. However, since then, there seems to be some changes to the legal use, and if possible, we will add an MMSE assessment tool, as well as the MoCA.
- Insight Therapeutics, LLC
- 84.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Insight Therapeutics LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.