DemonCrawl is a puzzle roguelite that combines the addicting gameplay of minesweeper with hundreds of unique items, stages, and abilities!
• 700+ unique items to discover and collect: whenever you find something new, we'll record it in your Codex for future reference.
• 5 Quests & multiple difficulties for a long-lasting challenge.
• 50+ exciting stages to explore: think you've seen everything? Then it's time to dive into the Endless Multiverse, where stages are blended together and randomized for virtually unlimited possibilities.
• 70+ stage mods to keep things interesting: from "Abstract Burning Forest"[/i] to [i]"Double Dry Ocean" and everything in between - DemonCrawl stage mods can have a dramatic effect on how you approach the game board!
• Open-ended player progression, the roguelite way: find Tokens while playing and spend them on Talents that complement your playstyle. DemonCrawl lets you create multiple profiles in case you'd like to experiment with different builds!
• Gamemodes galore: in addition to standard Quests, we've got Endless Multiverse, a daily Hero Trial, an extra-tough 3-stage mode called Beyond, a simple Tutorial, and yes, even a Classic mode for the purists. Plus, Online Multiplayer is currently in Early Access - coming to iOS soon!
• 29 unlockable Masteries: enhance your runs with passive effects and charged abilities! Are you more of a KNIGHT or a SURVIVOR? A perilous HUNTER or a penny-pinching BANKER? A glorious FIREFLY or a special SNOWFLAKE?
• Customize your profile with cosmetics: build up your collection of Avatars and Inventories, then get wild with super-rare Paint drops... assuming you're lucky enough to find one!
• Online leaderboards for DemonCrawl savants: there's a leaderboard for every quest in Hard mode and above - including the daily Hero Trial. All scores are cross-platform.
• There's a crafting system too: solve blueprints, then craft your favorite items at will. Available in Hard Mode.
- Cullstone rework: "You can use uncharged magic items, consuming them after use."
- New omen: Rust - "At the start of each stage, cut the durability of your armors in half."
- New homeland: Ruins - "Drop your passive items into random cells at the start of the round."
- Graveyard homeland rework: "Whenever a player dies, add the power of their homeland to your homeland."
- New T2 arena mod: Deadeye - "When you interact with an object, it has a 10% chance to get destroyed instead."
- New T4 arena mod: Overflow - "If you are about to gain an item with a full inventory, lose the first item in your inventory."
- New T5 arena mod: Time - "Reduce the stage timer by 10 seconds."
- Death mod has been given a new effect: "If you have any revives at the start of the stage, you die."
- Old Death mod has been renamed to Beef and moved to tier 4
- Cullstone price increased from 11 to 15
- Updated GameMaker runtime to v126.96.36.1990
- Fixed a visual glitch related to bubbles containing diamonds
- Fixed ambient sounds
- Fixed an issue with hovering some choices in the Starpond
- Fixed Righteous mod only providing Dead Rodent
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Favored items from saving to a codex profile correctly
- Fixed a crash related to Hypnotist's Memento
- Fixed Gluttony not correctly activating "CONSUME_ITEM" trigger
- Added failsafe for rare crash related to "CLOSE_CHEST" trigger
- Added failsafe for boss mod script
- Fixed stage mods on Easter mythic emblem
- Fixed a hardlock related to replacing Divine Shadowbind while having Doughnut
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the Dimensional Portal from spawning in the Metagate
- Rabbits are no longer considered loot drops (they are strangers and will spawn more often if you have an item like Friendship Ring)
- Fixed a crash related to using Chisel on a hidden cell
- Fixed a rare crash related to spawning loot on a boss stage
- Fixed a rare crash related to pathfinding tooltip
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love the concept. Lackluster controls
This is clearly a great PC game. Has all the content I would want in a game like this. However, the port to iOS is sloppy. Touch controls are not intuitive and are clearly still designed for a mouse. There’s no hover mechanic with touch so reading an objects info without accidentally clicking it and using the item is impossible on iOS. Please fix the controls or lower the full game price. But for a $15 game with ads the controls are unacceptable. If it weren’t for the controls I would consider paying for the full game.
Terrible controls and UI
There could be a good game here, but there are so many problems. The controls are terrible. You have to tap and hold to open a spot, and double tap to mark a bomb. This causes mistakes. Other minesweeper games have done this better years ago.
The UI is just awful. It is super busy with icons everywhere and half the time you cannot find out what they mean. If you have a consumable item, it is nearly impossible to see what it does without using it. If a nomad appears, it is nearly impossible to see what he wants without accepting his deal before you can see what the deal actually is. The token shop lets you see descriptions of items you cannot afford, but items you can afford you can’t see a description! You are only asked if you want to buy the item.
The normal mode requires a great deal of guessing. These are not boards that can be solved through logic alone. You can verify this by choosing “casual mode” which explicitly states that that mode only has logic solvable boards.
In just the first area alone, each board required between 1 and 7 guesses. Since you only have 5 life before your run is over, you see how much luck is required to progress.
The prices are horrible as well. $15 will buy you more and better games on the App Store.
Doesn’t even load
I’m on iPhone 8+ with current iOS version. Every time I open the app it gets stuck at the black Game maker studio screen. Doesn’t work for me.
Update: finally worked, however, took multiple restarts on the app. Is the full version free? Or do you have to pay? Seems like it’s $15 to get the full version?
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Eric Black
- 616.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Therefore Games LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Full Game $14.99
- Adblock $1.99
- 100x Tokens $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.