DemoPro is a menu bar app to draw on the screen during live presentations, demonstrations, and when screen sharing. Use it for teaching, presenting, coaching, or when recording tutorials.
DemoPro has no visible interface in order not to distract your audience. Each tool can be activated with a hotkey, which can be customized by going to DemoPro in the menu bar.
DRAW ON ANY APPLICATION AT ANY TIME
• No matter what's on your screen, just press a hotkey to activate the drawing tool of your choice (freehand, line, arrow, or rectangle).
• Draw on any application, presentation, web page, and even live Video
• Works with Keynote, Powerpoint, and Google Slides in presentation mode
• Works with Zoom, Skype, Google Meets, or Microsoft Teams as long as you share your entire screen
• 5 color presets that can be customized
• Support for multiple screens
• Choose between two activation modes: hold the hotkey down to annotate, or press it once to activate annotation mode and once again to turn it off
• Support for drawing tablets like Wacom and XP-Pen
• Support for iPad and Apple Pencil when using Sidecar, Astropad, or Duet
• Let your audience know how much time they have left during breaks
• Customize the timer with your own message
WHITEBOARD / BLACKBOARD
• Cover the screen with a whiteboard or blackboard at any time
• When using multiple screens the board only shows up on the screen where your mouse is, so that you can still read your notes if you are presenting
DemoPro does not include a Zoom function as it is built-in macOS.
See the FAQ on www.demoproapp.com for more details.
• 5 color presets with corresponding hotkeys
• New whiteboard and blackboard functions
• Fixes for reported issues, including (but not limited to) sampling colors from anywhere on the screen and using tablets to draw on Keynote
Ratings and Reviews
Needed tool for people that collaborate on a mac
The tool is easy enough to use but it does require both hands to operate (left pressing two buttons like Control-S) while the right clicking and dragging the mouse -- not sure you can improve on that. The one thing that I didn't see documented was how to change the colour -- the help didn't reference it but trial and error found pressing the Option key while clicking the colour box brought up the colour pallet. Still a useful tool!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. I added a new one-handed activation option per your suggestion. With this new mode you just need to press the hotkey once to activate the annotation mode. After you are done drawing, press the same hotkey again, or press the “clear all” hotkey to exit.
The color selection was a bug on macOS Mojave that has been fixed. Hope this helps.
Its ok. Similar to other tools available. The hotkeys are too cumbersome to use. I have to hold two keys with one hand and then use the other hand to draw. Also, I have to press down hard on the track pad to draw. Every other drawing program does the same without having to hold the hot keys. Since I am already holding down the hot keys, it means I want to draw. It would made lot more user friendly if it used the trackpad touch movements to draw (not press and hold). Having press and drag to draw make this tool no different from others. If it was touch style drawing, it would approach a stylus and that would have been much more convenient.
Developer Response ,
Hi. DemoPro has two activation modes, so you can choose what works best for you.
“Hold hotkey down” is the default. It requires two hands but it is the fastest if you need to make a quick annotation.
“Press to start & stop” is a one handed mode, more convenient if you need to do lots of annotations or if you are using a tablet or iPad with Sidecar to draw. It sounds like this is the mode that would work best for you.
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help or have additional feedback.
Good Solution for At-Home Teacher
I downloaded this app to replace one my school provided that went obsolete and stopped working. The hotkeys are super convenient and I love that they are customizable. My only gripe is that sometimes while I'm in the middle of writing, the pen marks disappears and the pen turns off (without me touching any hotkeys). I haven't been able to find a reason or solution for this yet and it can be frustrating when in the middle of a longer math problem. Other than that, it does the trick for teaching math remotely.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Please email me at email@example.com so I can help you resolve it. Thank you.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Anatole Schaff
- 8.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Anatole Schaff
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.