Den is a simple app for watching news feeds. It fetches headlines from syndication sources and shows the links in organizable gadgets. Its purpose is to be a launchpad for buffet-style web browsing. Clean, unobtrusive, and private, it is designed to be a relaxing place to catch up on the news where you are in charge.
The main attraction is the gadget style layout for feeds. From the smallest iPhone to the largest Mac, it adapts to make the most of available screen space. The layout is also ideal for creating highly skimmable dashboards to keep up with any topic. If you like to compare sources, are choosy about what you read, or enjoy tailoring your own big picture, then it is fair to say that Den was made with you in mind.
- Available for iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- Sleek interface for leafing through feeds without distractions
- Customizable gadgets display the latest headlines
- Synchronizes feeds and read items across devices with iCloud
- Compatible with RSS, Atom, and JSON-Feed formats
- Search for feeds and articles by keyword
- OPML import and export for loading and sharing subscriptions
- No additional subscription or account required
- Light and dark theme options
Den is actively maintained and while it will evolve with new features, what will always remain the same is a commitment to simplicity, privacy, and performance.
Version 1.1 adds search functionality and removes the limit on the number of items in a feed. Also includes several minor performance and interface improvements.
- Garrett Johnson
- 1.8 MB
macOS 10.15.6 or later. Requires iOS 13.6 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Garrett Johnson
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.