Denied sees what you're playing in Spotify, iTunes and Apple Music and automatically skips songs that you dislike.
Tracks can be skipped by their artist, title, album, whether they contain explicit lyrics*, or if you’ve heard them before in the past few hours.
Denied allows you to truly enjoy Top 40 playlists, the Christmas season, Spotify Radio and iTunes Radio.
Works with the Spotify desktop app, iTunes and Apple Music.
As seen on the internet
"That’s where Denied comes in. With a few clicks, you can banish your least-favorite songs or bands from earshot for good."
"Spotify is awesome, but it has one problem. When you're listening to compilations or radio, you sometimes come across artists you hate. Denied fixes that by creating simple rules."
"Fortunately you can now download a nifty little app to prevent unwanted artists sneaking into your speakers."
• Create rules to skip songs by their title, artist or album.
• Specify match criteria: starts with, ends with, contains or equals to.
• Skip songs that contain explicit lyrics.
• Skip songs that you've heard before in the past few hours.
• Skip songs that you've marked as 'disliked' in iTunes and Apple Music.
• See which song is currently playing and..
• Add rules straight from the Now Playing information.
• Optionally display notifications when a song is skipped.
• Import and export rules, allowing you to download pre-made rule lists and share your own rules with your friends.
• Works with the Spotify desktop app, iTunes and Apple Music.
• You'll need a distaste for certain bands, songs or albums, explicit lyrics or repeating songs.
* Skipping explicit songs requires an internet connection.
Obviously nobody in their right mind would skip a song by Gunship. That album art is just too awesome though.
If Denied helped you skip a track or two, consider leaving a tip in the app. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Only one problem...
… you might actually end up listening to Nickelback while you are setting it up and testing it, by accident. Even a little exposure might be too much.
I will use it with iTunes radio, and it will make it better.
Skip repeating songs makes both Spotify and Apple Music useable. Would love to like/dislike songs from the menubar.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review!
I’m a design teacher and love to play Spotify in my classroom when students are working independently. Denied allows me to play those playlists I used to have to bypass due to the multiple titles with explicit content.
Developer Response ,
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Boy van Amstel
- 6 MB
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2022 Danger Cove
- In-App Purchases
- Great Tip $0.99
- Excellent Tip $2.99
- Incredible Tip $5.99