Fast, accurate density altitude app: altimeter setting, relative air density (RAD) and more using your device's onboard sensors and detailed physics calculations.
Instant and location accurate Density Altitude calculator/instrument app for iPhone and iPad that also finds relative air density (RAD), altimeter setting, relative humidity, specific humidity (grains/lb) and more. Super useful for pilots, especially in the backcountry. Many other uses for engine tuning, racing, sports, etc.
* Seamlessly integrates weather data, GPS and your phone's onboard barometer to quickly and accurately calculate your density altitude, altimeter setting, relative air density, and more.
* Takes humidity into account in all calculations, making it more accurate than the typical dry bulb approximation formula used by AWOS/ASOS, etc.
* Works anywhere. Great without cellular connection as well, which makes it all the more useful in the backcountry and far away from ASOS/AWOS stations.
* Location Search: Find atmospheric data (Density Altitude, etc.) at any point on Earth, from anywhere!
Data Sensed and Calculated (all calculated with humidity):
* Density Altitude
* GPS Altitude
* Altimeter Setting
* Absolute Pressure
* Dew Point
* Relative Humidity
* Specific Humidity (grains/pound)
* Air Density
* Relative Air Density (RAD)
* Dyno Correction
The quickest way to get your Density Altitude! On the iPhone 6/6+ and newer iPads, it will use the built-in barometer and GPS. If you're in cell range, you don't need to supply any data. If you're out of cell range, all you need to supply is the outside air temperature. Designed not to need an internet connection, so it will work anytime and anywhere you need it.
Great tool for pilots, drag racers, engine tuners, golfers, or anyone who needs to conveniently find their Density Altitude, Altimeter Setting, Relative Aid Density (RAD), Specific Humidity or Absolute Pressure.
No ads or in-app purchases.
We love feedback! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Density Altitude+ uses available third party weather and elevation data to calculate atmospheric measurements, but Rate Of Climb does not guarantee that the original sources (including the National Weather Service, FAA and others) have provided data that is accurate, complete, timely, or properly formatted. Users should always contact official sources for the most accurate and timely updates.
The service is not intended for use in situations in which the failure of the service could lead to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage. Your use of this application is at your sole risk.
- Increased GPS accuracy in certain situations. This should make GPS elevation data more accurate in areas with obstructions, etc.
Ratings and Reviews
Wanted something to quickly calculate DA so I could input into my ballistics shooting app. I know this is designed for pilots but I thought it worth the try. Non humid days, works well. High humidity it’s off. I know this app uses dry air formula so not knocking the app. Developer did mention other possible uses tho.
To be able to manually enter values by turning off an automatic fill button would be great.
DA is becoming a more widely used method on ballistic applications over the previous idea of entering elevation and temperatures.
Better GPS Accuracy
This has always been a great App, but depending on location, GPS altitude for me could sometimes be off. With this new App update, 2.6.3, it provides increased satellite accuracy. Every reading for me is now completely accurate, every single time. An excellent App now made better!
Great app I like it!
I use it to backup my weather station data on my dyno as well as when I’m playing around with my car. 👍
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kristian Ljungkvist
- 4.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022, Rate of Climb Industries
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.