Derecom is the brand new music player that finally brings some colors into your listening experience.
With Derecom you can:
- play all your albums, playlists, and favorite songs (included in your iTunes library)
- manage your up next Queue (e.g. add, delete, reorder, and search items in the queue)
- set up Reminders to help you keep your Library in order
- choose your favorite Theme, and watch the colors of the app reflect the beautiful artworks of your albums and collections!
- Derecom supports playback of Apple Music songs, albums, playlists, and radio stations!
- Derecom now supports iPad natively (even split-screen and slide-over)
This app is exactly for you if:
- you've been wanting a new look for the music player lately
- your listening experience is tailored around building and maintaining your own music library, but you also like streaming new songs and discovering new artists
- you kinda miss the colorful design of Music.app of iOS 9
I hope you enjoy Derecom Music Player. If you find that something important is missing, please let me know via email or twitter. I'm open to welcoming ideas about the future of this app. And I will consider very seriously the idea of adding or tweaking features if it improves the experience for the users.
Known app limitations:
- Apple Music support is limited to playback. You cannot add or delete tracks to your playlists or to your library. However, you can use the Reminders to stack these tasks up until you find the most convenient time to apply these modifications through iTunes or - in a lesser extent - through Music.app
- Any reordering of songs in the playback queue is not immediately applied to the actual system queue, because of current iOS limitations (i.e. that's why most players similar to Derecom don't offer queue management features). Remember to use the Apply button if you can, or let Derecom find the right moment to apply the new queue opportunistically (e.g. at song changes). You can also just use the PLAY NEXT feature, which doesn't require any queue reset.
Please consider supporting Derecom. There are many things you can do to show support:
- leave a positive review here on the App Store
- let people know how much you enjoy using the app
- follow the Twitter profile: twitter.com/DerecomApp
- say hi :)
- share suggestions and feature requests, and report any bug that you may find using the app
• Renew Apple Music license
• Other bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good! Albeit some issues.
It’s fantastic at doing what its original idea is all about; giving a colorful touch to your iPhone’s music experience.
The colors that the app automatically picks for each album art never seem out of place or...bad, they’re very pleasant tones and definitely reflect the art very well. The colors are generally softer than the old Music app, which can be a good or bad thing, but still leagues better than the modern app’s dull white and grays for everything.
However, sometimes the app decides to just...Not play a song. It’ll keep giving me an error (‘song could not be played/added’) until I restart the app or keep spamming it. Not sure what the issue is, it’s a tad irritating.
It’s also rather annoying that the app works by essentially adding songs to a playlist. I wish it would just automatically play the song, like the native Music app, but I’m sure that’s likely a software limitation and not bad design. I hope.
Overall, it’s buggy and not as intuitive as the native app, but it definitely brings back a flair of color and personality that’s been long taken away by Apple. If the minor issues were addressed, I’d definitely make it my default Music app in an instant.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thanks for the review and for liking Derecom!
Sorry for the issues you’ve encountered using the app. They should be solved by version 1.0.3.
Please let me know if you still have problems or have other suggestions. You can find an email address and a twitter profile link in the app description.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Giuseppe Samela
- 12.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Giuseppe Samela
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.