From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Des Moines Register app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• Terms of Service: http://cm.desmoinesregister.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• We've addressed a lot of issues and made accessing your subscription even easier.
Ratings and Reviews
Good information and released in a timely manner. I don’t stay logged in though on my phone and it drives me crazy. I’m logged in and then all of a sudden it will tell me I just have 6 free articles. I would like it to be more user-friendly, sometimes I click the app, sometimes I click an article from Facebook or Twitter. It doesn’t always work.
Could be so much better
I love having digital access to the local newspaper. I do not love the format of that access. I generally use the ‘Top Stories’ to try to peruse the latest news headlines. The section has grown larger and larger over time, but has not improved or given me more actual news. It must have some sort of random story poster and keeps the same stories up for weeks, NONE OF WHiCH ARE DATED. New stories mix with the old and the only way to know is click into each one and check. This is particularly bothersome with things like COVID statistic updates, which appeared daily for a long time. A story about 500 new cases might appear right alongside a story about 30 new cases and you’d never know if either was current. In addition, the same story will often appear many times in one scrolling, sometimes with a different headline. There seems to sometimes be a loose grouping of similar stories, but that is not consistent. The lead-in text is highly variable in both amount and quality. I would like to see an overhaul where there is a section for today’s news, with some divisions or sections for subject matter. Any stories from other dates than today need that date right there with the headline, and to be somewhere else entirely. Lead-in text should be consistent and concise and let me tell easily whether I want to read the rest of the story within a few words.
This app is awful. It doesn’t work well with a password protection program. When I log on through my password protection program, it takes me to the manage account section. If I click on the register link at the the top of that section, it brings up news from multiple dates and doesn’t even have the date at the top of the story. And sometimes I get to a place where I am asked to log in again. I want to read today’s paper! I want to have one log in place that gives links to today’s paper, archives and search, and subscription management,
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 189.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2021 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Des Moines Register Digital Subscription $9.99
- Des Moines Register Annual Digital Subscription $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.