Mockup is an app for Mac OS X and also an app for iOS. Both these will allow you to preview your designs, layouts or any arbitrary images in layers from your Mac computer on any number of connected iOS devices at once. All data is transferred to your devices in lossless and pixel-perfect quality. You can then control your layout and layers' position, rotation, opacity, retina mode and so on. You will be also able to control all connected devices and modify their Statusbar, Keyboard presence or their either Portrait or Landscape orientation.
Since seeing is more than thousands word, you can check demonstration video here:
* To preview your design simply drag'n'drop any designs, sketches or simply any image to the Layers section. All popular formats are supported, including PSD, JPEG, PNG, ICNS, TIFF, BMP and others.
* You don't need Photoshop, you can use designs in any compatible format from any image editor
* All files you drop to your layout are being monitored for changes, so for example if you're still working on your design in Photoshop and hit Save, your design will be automatically updated and uploaded to all connected devices.
* All images you drop to your layout are stacked in layers and you can freely control their position, rotation, opacity, retina mode etc. Every change you make is previewed on connected devices in real-time.
* Your layers are previewed on connected devices in pixel-perfect lossless quality.
* You can choose from iPhone or iPad templates suited for all available models.
* For all connected devices you can control the Statusbar, Keyboard presence and either Portrait or Landscape orientation.
* App is universal for iPod, iPhone and iPad, you buy it just once and install on all your other devices for free
* To connect to iOS devices you will need to have this application on your device and application called Mockup from the Mac AppStore on your Mac.
* All available iOS devices will appear in Mac Mockup automatically without any configuration. You can connect to any number of devices at once and mirror your design layout on all of them. To connect a device, simply tap on it's name in the Devices section.
* All connected iOS devices will report back their screen resolution, battery status, iOS version and maximum texture size for their GPU
* Updated for iOS 7
* Minor bug fixes and performance enhancements
* Fixed problem displaying some PSD files
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Worked once and never
It worked the first time. And that's for all. It never worked again. Restarting the Mac app and the iPad app never helped.
The landscape mode didn't and doesn't work.
Please help fix it
It’s “OK” but doesn’t provide anything new
I’m sure that if you’re looking at this app, you’re a designed that has also looked into dozens of export/preview tools to view your designs on the device’s screen. I haven’t tried this app for very long, but so far it’s not sending images to the connected device. In that regard, the app doesn’t do what it says (for me; could be technical issues).
In another regard, I saw the screenshots and thought this might be a tool for mocking up transitions. The app description doesn’t claim this, but if you’re just browsing quickly and think this app offers something more than Skala Preview or LiveView, then nope. To that end, I’m curious why someone would put dev time into another mirroring app without making the case for how it’s better (is it faster, more flexible?).
On a positive note, I’d say that some groundwork has been laid, and it would be interesting if this could import image files and then apply simple CSS or native Quartz animations that we can view in the device. If I want to mirror my designs, the above mentioned apps seem to work better for that purpose.
doesn’t work for me
The connection can never be set up, and the designing feature is just poor.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.