Mockup is an app for Mac OS X and also an app for iOS (Download at http://mediaware.sk/mockup). Both these will allow you to preview your designs, layouts or any arbitrary images in layers from your Mac computer on any number of connected iOS devices at once. All data is transferred to your devices in lossless and pixel-perfect quality. You can then control your layout and layers' position, rotation, opacity, retina mode and so on. You will be also able to control all connected devices and modify their Statusbar, Keyboard presence or their either Portrait or Landscape orientation.
Since seeing is more than thousands word, you can check demonstration video here:
* Download the iOS app at http://mediaware.sk/mockup (compatible with iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad, iOS 4.3+)
* To preview your design simply drag'n'drop any designs, sketches or simply any image to the Layers section. All popular formats are supported, including PSD, JPEG, PNG, ICNS, TIFF, BMP and others.
* You don't need Photoshop, you can use designs in any compatible format from any image editor
* All files you drop to your layout are being monitored for changes, so for example if you're still working on your design in Photoshop and hit Save, your design will be automatically updated and uploaded to all connected devices.
* All images you drop to your layout are stacked in layers and you can freely control their position, rotation, opacity, retina mode etc. Every change you make is previewed on connected devices in real-time.
* Your layers are previewed on connected devices in pixel-perfect lossless quality.
* You can choose from iPhone or iPad templates suited for all available models.
* For all connected devices you can control the Statusbar, Keyboard presence and either Portrait or Landscape orientation.
* To connect to iOS devices you will need to have FREE application from the iOS AppStore installed. Application is called Mockup.
* All available iOS devices will appear in Mac Mockup automatically without any configuration. You can connect to any number of devices at once and mirror your design layout on all of them. To connect a device, simply tap on it's name in the Devices section.
* All connected iOS devices will report back their screen resolution, battery status, iOS version and maximum texture size for their GPU
* Updated to support iOS 7
* Fixed problem displaying some PSD files
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app’s price point is steep for what it advertises it does. Worse yet, it doesn’t even do that. It does This thing is a dud. It does nothing. A complete waste of $4. Do not buy.
Simple, but doesn’t work outside this app
The free companion app does not appear to respond to anything I am sharing / syncing. I have an iPad 4 retina that meets all the specs… it is not responding to any of the syncing when running (led alone any updates), though I can see the device show up in the devices list.
1. You can only control the mock from the desktop (you can't move the image around also on phone).
2. You can't save Phone connections (you have to re-input the data every time you log in)
3. Has issues with syncing jpgs
4. Only shows the top layer (if you have multiple layers below it doesn't show up)
5. Needs other overlays (ie. time and date scrolling, browser overlays, etc)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.