ATTENTION: Due to a change made by Apple Desktop Notes does currently NOT work with 10.6.8. All earlier and later versions work!
Desktop Notes makes it easy for you to just write down the stuff you need to remember. It doesn't need a complex interface, it just provides you with what you want: Taking notes and reading notes quickly and easily, without them being in your way when you don't need them.
• Easy-to-use interface. Just create, delete and edit notes the way you expect it
• Notes are auto-saved when you change them so you never lose data
• Notes are not in your way: By default, notes stick to your desktop. But if you need them, you can bring them to the front with a single click
• Let Desktop Notes run all the time: It doesn't come with a dock icon, so it doesn't disturb you. A little icon in your menubar - that's all you'll notice
• Create and edit notes even if they stick to your desktop. Use F11 to always get to your notes, even if your monitor is cluttered by windows
• Rich-Text support: Use different fonts and control font size, color and style
• Built so external changes to your notes are recognized and immediatly reflected. This allows you to sync your notes through third party services like Dropbox
bug fixes - further enhancements to come
Ratings and Reviews
It works if you put it up on the task bar at the top of the screen. Then you can click and open. I couldn't work at first either.
Could Be Further Developed Sticky Notes
I have used, enjoyed, and appreciate Desktop Notes and its features. It’s not full-featured and a back-up system would be nice but for many years have been convenient for me on my MacBook. I’ve been waiting on an update and tried to google the developer. I guess development has stopped for this app, unfortunately. That’s too bad.
I have not updated my computer with Lion OSX, and this application works just fine for me. It does everything it says it would, and even has an option to add things to iCal. If yours isn't working, it's probably because you're clicking the icon on the dock. It doesn't open that way; you have to click the mini icon at the top of your screen on the Apple Menu bar.
Hope this helps!
The developer, Mario Schreiner, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Mario Schreiner
- 502.4 KB
- Requires macOS 10.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Mario Schreiner
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.