[ About Detention ]
Detention is an unique atmospheric horror game heavily influenced by Taiwanese/East Asian culture (Taoism and Buddhism references) based on the 1960s Taiwan under martial law.
With simple point and click mechanism, the player control characters who venture into the school beset by hostile supernatural events to uncover stories behind the haunted place.
Incorporated religious elements based in Taiwanese/Chinese culture and mythology, the game provided players with unique graphics and gaming experience.
[ Features ]
- Story-driven atmospheric horror game.
- Unique Taiwanese/Eastern cultural references.
- Original soundtrack fusing Electronic, Lo-Fi, and Rock with traditional Asian instruments.
- Appealing graphics and sound inspired by Taiwanese literature, film and music in the 1960s-70s.
- Single player 2D side-scroller with point and click mechanism.
- Multiple language support. (including English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean)
[ Recognition ]
"A heavy dollop of Silent Hill, it’s a horror game unlike anything else I’ve played."
- Adam Smith, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
"Every facet of Detention moves in one harmonious lockstep towards an unavoidable tragedy, drowning out the world around you."
- Destiny Maddox, Rely On Horror
"The art direction, atmosphere, and audio design are all very well done. It has a polish you don’t often see in adventures by small teams."
- Andy Kelly, PC Gamer
'Detention' is the IndieCade 2017 award-winning title developed by Red Candle Games.
[ Minimum Compatible Device ]
Devices after iPhone6, iPhoneSE
Devices after iPodTouch 6
Devices after iPad 5
Devices after iPadMini 4
[ More about the Developer ]
Follow Red Candle Games to receive updates about the studio's future titles.
Twitter | https://m.twitter.com/redcandlegames/
Facebook | https://m.facebook.com/redcandlegames/
Instagram | https://m.instagram.com/redcandlegames/
+Add GRAC rating Information
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a story that stays with you.
The night I finished this game I literally only slept for 3 hours thinking about how good the story is. The mechanics and the translated texts are a little clunky but the visuals and the plot more than make up for it. As a Taiwanese American it also got me to reflect a lot about Taiwanese history and culture. I really can’t wait to watch the movie.
Wasn’t the best “game” if you are looking for exciting fighting arena or puzzle solving. But the story was amazing. You go through a life of a teenage girl and her decision making process. The producer of the game also incorporate vast amount of Taiwanese folklore and local cultural, that makes the story very interesting.
A very good game!
For those who never suffer from the terrify old days, it’s a good game to know part of Taiwan’s history; for those who survives, it’s a sad game to memorize.....
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Red Candle Games Inc.
- 999.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- © 2019 Red Candle Games Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.