Detox Me is the most reliable healthy lifestyle guide that empowers you to eliminate toxic chemicals from your daily life with simple, research-based tips on reducing your exposures. Many chemicals in consumer product are linked with health effects including cancer, asthma, thyroid disease, and developmental problems. Whether you are looking for advice on a better dish soap, a new sofa, or alternative cleaning products, Detox Me arms you with knowledge about the dangers of certain chemicals commonly found in everyday products, such as hormone disruptors, and guides you to make safer choices. Our guide goes beyond just what you buy; it also shows you how making small changes in your daily routine can put you on a path to better health.
Created by leading scientific experts at Silent Spring Institute, we believe knowledge is not just power, but a prescription for prevention.
• Over 270 tips in 6 categories: Home, Food and Drink, Clothing, Personal Care, Cleaning, and Children, with Smart Guides for the Top 10 tips in each category. Learn about chemicals in your products and explore ways to avoid them.
• DIY recipes to replace commercial products that contain endocrine disruptors and other toxics with simple, non-toxic ingredients
• Search for products or scan product barcodes at stores or in your home to see relevant tips
• Track your progress by marking which tips you are doing and which ones you are working on and earn badges by taking action
• Get reminders about tips
• Share tips with your family and friends
"A clever way to avoid toxic chemicals in everyday products." - The Huffington Post
We welcome your feedback, comments and suggestions- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch!
About Silent Spring Institute:
Silent Spring Institute, located in Newton, Mass., is the leading scientific research organization dedicated to uncovering the link between chemicals in our everyday environments and women's health, with a focus on breast cancer prevention. Founded in 1994, the institute is developing innovative tools to accelerate the transition to safer chemicals, while translating its science into policies that protect health. Visit us at www.silentspring.org and follow us on Twitter @SilentSpringIns
Ratings and Reviews
Clear good info on keeping it simple re reducing our exposure to chemicals in everyday life. Check it out. Share.
Needs more info
I like the way they give you helpful information and advice on what to look for when you are purchasing everyday items. I was already doing most of the recommendations. I just wish this app would also list actual items to buy or safe to use (When I scan the product that I already have, it didn’t tell me if the product was on the “safe to use list”). Just a suggestion.
Doesn’t do any good, just tells you to avoid entire classes of products
The app has not been configured for any of the newer phones such as the iPhone 12. They are overrun issues with the buttons making it impossible to hit them with your finger. The back button is completely unresponsive, because it runs into the clock in the upper left-hand corner. Scanning of product will merely result in a generic warning saying avoid this class of product. [Yeah, I know... avoid fragrances. I don’t need an app for that]
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Silent Spring Institute, Inc.
- 75.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Silent Spring Institute