DeviantArt is the largest online social community for artists and art enthusiasts, allowing people to connect through the creation and sharing of art. The DeviantArt Mobile App allows you to browse endless streams of content, as well as submit art and interact with the community 24/7.
Bleed and Breed Art.™
· Watch – a personalized and easy to access feed of every journal, collection, or status update posted by those you watch.
· Notifications – the communication center of the app, where you can manage all comments, mentions, and replies.
· Notes – chat privately with your friends and favorite artists.
· Submit – submit art and literature to DeviantArt or compose a quick status update.
· Recommended, Daily Deviations, and Explore – liberate and inspire yourself with browse modes comprised of extraordinary images drawn from an art collection powered by 45 million artists.
· Status Updates – post short updates in a simple and direct format that lets you create informal conversations with your watchers.
- Watchers-only galleries can now be unlocked in the app
- Improvements to Daily Deviations, including a new section on the top of Explore
- Share a post directly from the posts feed
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Recent update is big, still needs some work
I am amazed this finally got updates. The screen ratio makes a massive difference since trying to cram into the middle of the screen with one hand was ugly. And I also appreciate the consolidation of the tabs for notifications and notes into one place. However there are still some bugs, at least for me: Image downloads cause the app to crash and the images do not save, status updates that have text underneath images posted on dA Eclipse will not appear, and profiles with heavily crammed BIOs still take an insane amount of time to load (even on a fast wireless connection). Overall I’ll give it three stars since I’m finally happy to have an update that fixes massive irritations from the prior version (Mainly when you tapped on notifications, the actual content never loaded, you’d be stuck on a loading indicator, and even then it wouldn’t load the comments section the first time most of the time). I’ll update this if the fixes above in this review paragraph are patched.
the update needs some serious tweaking
so, when i saw that the app had updated, i was kinda happy because i thought a lot of stuff would be fixed. i’m stuck on mobile using the app a lot- it’s easier to check notifications, search for stuff and post statuses/journals than mobile browser deviantart, and mobile browser deviantart also has a glitch where it makes you reply to the latest comment instead of making your own. the app was already very crashy and laggy but like, i used it over the mobile browser dA because it was better and LESS crashy and laggy i suppose, along with the aforementioned comment bug. but now, i don’t even know anymore. this update has screwed everything up further. so, everything is fine if you stay on the watch dashboard, posting statuses and journals is fine (well, until it crashes :b) but now there is this awful bug where whenever there is enough deviations in a gallery or a favorite folder to scroll once or twice, the deviations...repeat themselves? it’s an infinite scroll of the first 5 or so rows of deviations. i don’t want to just scroll through them one by one in big view mode because it will eventually crash if i scroll that way, and it’s also just super tedious (and VERY laggy). also, whenever i open comments or the deviation description now, the entire format screws up. this on top of the laggy constant crashing is frustrating, and i can tell you guys just quickly through together this slop of an update. please tweak it further :,)
Barely functional, not user friendly.
I’ve been using this app for a while, both to submit art and to view other artists that I follow. The app feels clunky to navigate through, and when it isn’t lagging, or freezing, or giving me “bad request” errors for submitting art on decent wifi or data, it’s an okay app. My bigger issues come in when I can’t upload art at all because the app seemingly won’t load the request for very long before giving the before-mentioned 400 error, along with when the app seems to stutter in loading times.
Also, a report button would be very handy on mobile. Unfortunately, the developers didn’t think to add one, despite having younger members on their site who might need to report and block spam or abusive members. Any time I’ve needed to report a scam or a bot account messaging me in my notes, I’ve had to either wait until I could log onto my computer, or send a screenshot to a friend who was already on theirs.
Overall, I would not recommend this app until the developers really strive for performance over aesthetic (unlike what they’ve been doing). If you need to upload art, you’re better off using a browser app than this. This is really only good for scrolling through your feed of people you already follow, and even then, good luck when the app decides to lag.
- 69.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2000 – 2020 DeviantART, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.