DeviantArt is the largest online social community for artists and art enthusiasts, allowing people to connect through the creation and sharing of art. The DeviantArt Mobile App allows you to browse endless streams of content, as well as submit art and interact with the community 24/7.
Bleed and Breed Art.™
· Watch – a personalized and easy to access feed of every journal, collection, or status update posted by those you watch.
· Notifications – the communication center of the app, where you can manage all comments, mentions, and replies.
· Notes – chat privately with your friends and favorite artists.
· Submit – submit art and literature to DeviantArt or compose a quick status update.
· Undiscovered, Daily Deviations, and Explore – liberate and inspire yourself with browse modes comprised of extraordinary images drawn from an art collection powered by 37 million artists.
· Status Updates – post short updates in a simple and direct format that lets you create informal conversations with your watchers.
Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
My One Complaint....
I love the app most of the time, but if there was one thing I'd like to change it would be this: I wish the app could allow me to save drafts of my fanfictions and allow me to edit them even after they've been published. It's very frustrating that I can't correct a simple error in my work (I am human and sometimes autocorrect messes up what I was trying to say. Ex. I type 'front' and it somehow thinks that I want to say 'from'. But I wish I could save some of my fanfics on my phone so I can return to them. I know I can correct them on the computer; but unfortunately, my computer is slow as dirt. And it freezes every so often. Also the other problem with no being able to save your work is that: I can't make a rough draft and take a break from it to finish it later. Sometimes I need a break from writing so I can gather more ideas. I'm only human and I've been faced with writer's block. So I implore the creators of this app to try and create some way to save our work on our accounts no matter what platform we are using.
It’s fine for VIEWING art, but...
The DeviantArt app has multiple bugs and issues throughout. If all you want to do is look at art, this app is totally fine. Whenever you want to get just a *teensy* bit more advanced, though... First of all, the sharing feature is broken. You can copy the link of some art, but from what I’ve tried that’s basically all that works. The share sheet freezes the moment you try to summon it, and you can’t download artwork either. It says you can, but actually pressing the button will do nothing. I *did* give it access to my photos and videos; it still doesn’t do anything. Maybe it’s an app-exclusive download, and you use the share sheet to save something to your photos, but unfortunately in that case the share sheet is still broken. Also, when uploading art, you cannot change the display size, meaning it’ll most likely be stuck at a ridiculously low resolution until you hop on a computer, or even the web version of mobile DA, and fix it. Speaking of the web version, isn’t it funny how that version is way more functional than the app?
TL:DR if you only want to view others’ art, and that’s WITHOUT being able to save them to your phone, this app works. For the people actually uploading art... it’s frustrating, to say the least.
Not bad, but not great
So I've been on deviantart for around 7 months now and it's a great service it allows people to easily share their art and gather a following, however this is not what the app should be. There are so many features missing from the app that are vital for getting the most out of the experience. As far as browsing goes it's great! You can search up anything you want and switch categories with ease. However it's from the creator's side that this is lacking it is impossible to find groups via the app as well as see things like badges, llamas, or that you're able to sell prints. For the first few months I had only used the app and I didn't even know that these features existed until one of my friends who had been on there for a long time told me about them. So basically this app is fine if you are just using it to see notifications on the go or something like that but not for posting work and sharing on groups ( two things that are quite vital to finding people that like your stuff )
- 63 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2000 – 2016 DeviantART, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.