Discover Device Potential
deviceOwl is an AI “point-and-shoot” hardware device scanner that helps you identify the make and model of covert spy devices, and popular household smart devices, revealing their sensory capabilities, and their privacy implications.
Covert spy devices (covert consumer surveillance devices) are cameras and microphones disguised as other trusted household objects. They have far more serious implications, because they can be well disguised, highly reliable, and are widely available for purchase on major online shopping sites.
These devices have a history of being abused in rental properties, hotel rooms, home stays, conference rooms, and public areas to surreptitiously monitor the activities of individuals, and erode their privacy.
Household smart devices can enhance the convenience and peace of mind we have at home, but sometimes at a cost of privacy and security.
With an eye towards privacy, deviceOwl helps you quickly identify these devices, providing both simple, and in-depth details about their capabilities.
Simply point your smartphone at a device, and let deviceOwl intelligently check it, based on it's knowledge of thousands of devices. If a device is recognized, deviceOwl provides details about the device's capabilities, helping you to make the right decisions about how to protect your privacy, and the privacy of the people you care about.
- Check household smart devices, including smart speakers, smart screens, smoke sensors, smart hubs, noise monitors, surveillance cameras, and more (Basic Edition).
- Check hidden spy cameras (covert consumer surveillance devices) with over 100 unique
form factors, including spy smoke alarms, spy air fresheners, spy motion detectors, spy clock radios, spy wall clocks, spy power outlets, and more (subscription to Advanced Edition required).
- Review in-depth device capabilities with a focus on privacy.
- Device knowledge updates keep deviceOwl aware of the latest emerging devices.
- Review and share the history of previously checked devices.
- Heads up display while checking, provides guidance on how to check different types of devices.
- Designed for traveling. Once installed and updated, check devices without a cloud, or network connection.
- Checks visible devices that are roughly up to the size of a shoebox.
- Some devices may look similar to each other, especially under different lighting conditions, and from different angles. Please confirm all device detections.
- Please follow the guidance provided on safely and correctly checking devices.
deviceOwl “Basic Edition”
- Check the most popular household smart devices using AI computer vision.
- Reveal basic information, and in-depth device capabilities with a focus on privacy.
deviceOwl “Advanced Edition” (Subscription)
- Boosts deviceOwl with knowledge of covert spy devices (covert consumer surveillance devices).
- Reveal basic information, and in-depth spy device capabilities.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription renews automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Manage your subscriptions, and turn off automatic renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
- Improved device type selection
- Improved guidance for unrecognized devices
- Optimized device knowledge retrieval
- Better handling of suspend/resume background music
- Support for push notifications
- Additional icons for new device types
- Some sounds have been updated
- Updated default/included device knowledge
- Support for iOS 14
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Keep up the good work!
Can’t even detect the spy cam looking at it while it’s recording
This is horrible, doesn’t work at all. I texted it with multiple things and it didn’t detect a darn thing that I knew about let all alone anything else that I may have not known about-which was why I bought the app. I wish I could get a refund. I cancelled subscription within an hour of trying the app but it’s to late, I’m locked in until next year! Scam! I’d give it zero stars if I could.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your honest feedback! As well as cancelling the subscription, you can also request a refund from Apple. Refer to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084 for the steps on how to do this.
We're sorry to hear you had such a negative experience using the App. If you are having any problems detecting devices, you can either submit a sample to Entropic Labs for further review via the App, or you can just e-mail us a few details about the device(s) in question, and we'll have them reviewed.
Select the "News" button in deviceOwl to access regularly updated information about the latest devices that have been added to deviceOwl's knowledge. It also has other information to help you get the most out of deviceOwl. Thanks!
Don’t get not even 1 star but I had to put something
Horrible does nothing wish I would have looked closer at the reviews. Don’t get it they just scan you they should be shut down.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback.
We've created a video that shows how to check devices using deviceOwl. Examples include smoke/CO alarms, surveillance cameras, USB wall chargers, and smart speakers.
If you don't get a detection you can either anonymously submit a sample from the App, or you can e-mail us some photo(s) of the device, and we'll do our best to make sure deviceOwl can detect them in a future device knowledge update.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Entropic, LLC
- 142.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2016-2020, Entropic LLC. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Advanced Subscription $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.