Enjoy a more organized device view and quick access to relevant devices with LinkDesk Room Locator:
• It is now possible to optionally hide unused devices from the device view to allow for a better overview of all relevant devices.
• When a Room Locator is detected, the device view immediately changes to the correct home and room. From now on, the relevant devices in your direct surroundings will always appear at the right time.
• Simplified setup of Room Locator devices through automatic detection and easier editing.
• Improved connection of Room Locator to IFTTT.
• Learn more about Room Locator, the digital motion detector by LinkDesk: www.linkdesk.com/locator
Ratings and Reviews
Settings could be better
My original review talked about the inability to change between °C and °F. The developer noted that this setting can be changed in the app settings inside your device settings. While it’s nice this is available, it is not very discoverable.
Moving these settings in-app would improve the app experience greatly. Otherwise, app works as advertised.
Developer Response ,
You'll find the temperature unit selection in the general settings. Open the Apple "Settings" app, choose our app "Devices", and tap on "Temperature Units".
We're planning to enable the temperature unit settings directly in the app in the near future.
I do hope that, apart from the temperature unit selection, you're satisfied with our latest updates? :-)
Moritz from LinkDesk
“Well isn’t that special...“
But seriously, I like it. Clever use of the AR kit. I’ve been wondering when more apps would start to make use of this API...(can you tell I'm a programer?). I have enough devices in my abode to make it worthwhile to use. Lying in bed while pointing my phone at the corner lamp to turn in on and off. My [great]grandfather is probably rolling in his grave right now.
The app keeps losing the "link" to the device and I have to redo it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. With our new AR Feature we use Apple's ARKit, which just introduced environment persistency, enabling Apps to restore your Home in our case. Unfortunately it doesn't always works perfectly and is really dependent on your environment. We hope the Framework ARKit will be continuously being improved and will provide you a better and better experience in the future. Until then we recommend you to point your camera to recognisable spots like floors with a lot trigger points ( when you can see a lot of the yellow dots on the screen ).
Alex from Linkdesk
Bery good experience for a long time now
I am using devices for a longer time frequently now and i am more and more happy with the ease of use, especially after the great design update. There are constantly updates and features like new triggers coming which is also great
- LinkDesk GmbH & Co. KG
- 65 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 LinkDesk GmbH & Co. KG
- In-App Purchases
- More Triggers $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.