Devices is the Apple HomeKit app that lets you manage and control smart home devices quickly and intuitively. Each device is represented by a specific icon. There is no complicated menu structure – all devices are shown in an overview and can be sorted by room or device type. In addition, the app boasts smart features such as device groups, scenes and triggers.
• Clarity – All devices at a glance
• Usability – Intuitive control via icons
• Independence – Cross-vendor support for all HomeKit devices
• Groups – Operate multiple devices of the same category simultaneously
• Scenes – Combine various devices into a scene to trigger them
• Time Trigger – Execute scenes at specific times
• Room Locator Trigger – Execute scenes when you get to rooms
• Location Trigger – Execute scenes when you get to locations
• Device Trigger – Execute scenes when a device is in a specific state
• Search – Find devices fast the smart way
• Synchronization – Automatic adjustment via your Apple iCloud account
• Authorization – Grant trusted persons access via Apple iCloud
• Remote access – Control devices from anywhere in the world
• Security – Protection against access by unauthorized third parties
• Settings – Separate settings prevent accidental modification during everyday use
• Apple Watch – All devices always close at hand
• IFTTT – Connect your LinkDesk Room Locator with IFTTT
• AR for HomeKit – Control HomeKit devices using ARKit 2
• Requires a device with iOS 11.0 or later
• Requires at least one smart home device that is compatible with Apple HomeKit
• For remote access, an Apple TV 4K, Apple TV (4th generation), Apple TV (3rd generation), or iPad is required
For further information on the Devices app please visit: www.linkdesk.com
We’re always happy to help. Please contact us if you have any questions or suggestions: email@example.com
Enjoy a more organized device view and quick access to relevant devices with LinkDesk Room Locator:
• It is now possible to optionally hide unused devices from the device view to allow for a better overview of all relevant devices.
• When a Room Locator is detected, the device view immediately changes to the correct home and room. From now on, the relevant devices in your direct surroundings will always appear at the right time.
• Simplified setup of Room Locator devices through automatic detection and easier editing.
• Improved connection of Room Locator to IFTTT.
• Learn more about Room Locator, the digital motion detector by LinkDesk: www.linkdesk.com/locator
Ratings and Reviews
Settings could be better
My original review talked about the inability to change between °C and °F. The developer noted that this setting can be changed in the app settings inside your device settings. While it’s nice this is available, it is not very discoverable.
Moving these settings in-app would improve the app experience greatly. Otherwise, app works as advertised.
Developer Response ,
You'll find the temperature unit selection in the general settings. Open the Apple "Settings" app, choose our app "Devices", and tap on "Temperature Units".
We're planning to enable the temperature unit settings directly in the app in the near future.
I do hope that, apart from the temperature unit selection, you're satisfied with our latest updates? :-)
Moritz from LinkDesk
Bery good experience for a long time now
I am using devices for a longer time frequently now and i am more and more happy with the ease of use, especially after the great design update. There are constantly updates and features like new triggers coming which is also great
“Well isn’t that special...“
But seriously, I like it. Clever use of the AR kit. I’ve been wondering when more apps would start to make use of this API...(can you tell I'm a programer?). I have enough devices in my abode to make it worthwhile to use. Lying in bed while pointing my phone at the corner lamp to turn in on and off. My [great]grandfather is probably rolling in his grave right now.
The app keeps losing the "link" to the device and I have to redo it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. With our new AR Feature we use Apple's ARKit, which just introduced environment persistency, enabling Apps to restore your Home in our case. Unfortunately it doesn't always works perfectly and is really dependent on your environment. We hope the Framework ARKit will be continuously being improved and will provide you a better and better experience in the future. Until then we recommend you to point your camera to recognisable spots like floors with a lot trigger points ( when you can see a lot of the yellow dots on the screen ).
Alex from Linkdesk
- LinkDesk GmbH & Co. KG
- 65 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 LinkDesk GmbH & Co. KG
- In-App Purchases
- More Triggers $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.