Our Digital Bag app now covers two thematics of services for mobile users: Documentation and Mission. It is downloadable for free and free to use when connected to non administrated sources like Dropbox or Google Drive.
Documentation Service allows to:
- Be notified of new documents.
- Synchronize documents.
- Easily browse through PDF, audios (AAC, WAV, MP3) and videos (MOV, MP4).
- Search words into PDF documents.
- Organize and personalize your documents with notes, bookmarks, desktops, highlightings and handwritings notes with or without stylus.
When connected to a dgBirds account, Documentation service allows to:
- Be notified of new or updated versions of administrated documents.
- Synchronize versions of documents from dgBirds servers as administrated and distributed.
- Acknowledge revisions as requested by the administrator.
- Navigate efficiently through revisions thanks to review notes.
- Compare consecutive revisions of documents thanks to a dual view interface.
- Get versions of documents to be checked or validated, in advance.
- Keep your documents' personalization when revised (notes, bookmarks).
- Have your notes, bookmarks and desktops saved and restorable when needed.
- Send feedbacks, typos or report an issue on a given page.
- As a “reviewer“ of a “review” version of a document, edit a “review note” per page, to detail changes or give relevant information.
The Briefing Service is part of the Mission thematic. It allows:
- To have your activity schedules.
- To obtain all the information related to your missions (Briefing).
- To easily browse this information and documents.
- To personalize these documents and return them back at the end of the mission.
The Reports Service is part of the Mission thematic. It allows:
- To synchronize a set of organized forms.
- To create a draft of a report as soon as you fill out a form.
- To create a report by filling in the mandatory / optional fields.
- To join attachments (photos/images) to a report.
- To send reports when online.
- To access the history of your sent reports.
The app includes an operational mode (OPS) to safely start a mission:
- It ensures that mandatory information are synchronized.
- It restricts users from inappropriate actions.
A “night" mode and a “no screen sleep" mode are useful in special operational environments (for instance, in an airplane cockpit).
All administrated information are securely distributed to tablets and the administration platform has a high SLA.
This integrated app is a perfect innovative, robust and secured Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) solution for commercial pilots to fly paperless. It could also be the electronic backup of your primary paperless solution.
It is designed to support the staff of any mobile business in their missions, in rail and maritime transport, education, health and any critical industries.
With this version of the dgBirds app, our Digital Bag is now iOS14 compatible. We also took time to adjust some functions thanks to your feedbacks.
Resolved bugs or issues:
• Fixed a spurious popup looking for other devices, related to iOS14.
• Adjusted the highlighting function to revert to the native iOS behavior.
• Fixed a bug that made the app crash on iOS14 when opening an activity.
• Adjusted the date and hour pickles following iOS14 evolution.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.