Diabetes Pilot is the premier tool for managing diabetes on your Mac. Developed by professionals, backed by an established company, and designed and supported by people with diabetes who use the software themselves - it's fast, flexible, complete, and easy to use. Here is the diabetes software that Mac owners have been looking for!
Diabetes Pilot was built from the ground up for the Mac. It allows you to track all of your diabetes-related data on your Mac and is designed for all people with diabetes - whether you use insulin, other medications, or just diet and exercise, Diabetes Pilot can help you organize and analyze your information.
Best of all, Diabetes Pilot for Mac works together with the Diabetes Pilot iPhone/iPod app! Use your iPhone to track your information when you're out, then sync your data to your Mac to back it up, edit and analyze it, and easily create beautiful, doctor-friendly reports for printing or emailing. (iOS apps sold separately through the iTunes store).
- Records glucose (mg/dL or mmol/L), medications, meals, exercise, blood pressure, weight, and notes about test results or any other information that's of interest to you.
- Includes an integrated food database with reference information on thousands of foods. Tracks carbohydrates, calories, fat, protein, fiber, sodium, cholesterol and other nutrients.
- Provides a wide variety of reports that allows you to study, analyze, and communicate your data. Print reports for your doctor and save them for your records or emailing.
- Synchronizes record data and foods with our iPhone/iPod software (sold separately) for tracking your data while you're on the go. Use your iOS device while you're out, then sync to your Mac for further analysis, editing, and backup. Your data is kept under your control, on your own devices, for reliability and privacy.
- Helps you find trends in your blood sugars. Estimates your HbA1C.
- Categorizes records using any system that you'd like. Use these categories to focus on particular situations, times of day, or other patterns that are of interest to you. Create reports to study the trends in your glucose readings within each particular category.
- Exports your data in a standard file format (CSV) for use in spreadsheets and other software.
- Imports data from comma-separated (CSV) files produced by spreadsheets and other programs
Diabetes Pilot is supported by a solid company that's been making diabetes software for many years. We care about our customers. Contact us anytime - you'll get a prompt and knowledgeable response.
For more information, visit our website at www.DiabetesPilot.com!
-Updates for compatibility with Yosemite
-Updates to maintain compatibility with older versions of OSX (10.7+).
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to understand, even easier to use. I can track my food intake / exercise regimen and see what’s working and what I might need to change. For a New Diagnosis it’s made it extremely easy for me to understand how this New Normal aspect of my life works and what I need to do to manage it. Bonus? Even my Dr was impressed. They were aware of tracking App’s but had never seen anything like this one before. During a visit, if they want to know how my sugar / carbs have been doing over the past few weeks? My phone has it. Graphed or listed.
The ONLY concern I have with this App is security/privacy. One thing that’s concerned me from the very beginning (Almost caused me to by-pass this App while searching for something I could use on my phone) is the back-up/sync method. Not sure what the platform requirements for the App are but, I can’t see ANY reason why link-cable synching/backup is NOT possible with this program. Synching over Wifi, while convenient, is simply not secure. ESPECIALLY over public / unfamiliar Wifi networks. Which is where someone who travels frequently might find themselves. Needing to back-up private, medical, information to a laptop but unable to cable-link to a device to do so. A completly secure cable link would solve this problem with optional Wifi link when trusted networks are available. This seems kind of obvious. So why Wifi ONLY?
iPhone app needs subscription
I really like what this app does. It’s pretty easy to navigate and enter your data. Just needs to have a “recently entered” list. The thing I don’t like is that I enter 95% of my data on my iPhone because, well…it’s ALWAYS with me. Now that I have been using the sister app on my iPhone they want me to pay for a monthly or annual subscription. Shouldn’t the sister app be free, especially since I paid $30 for this one? Or at the very least be a cheap one time purchase price. Glad I synced my data up a couple of days ago because now it’s being held hostage in my phone because I can’t sync it without a subscription because, apparently, it’s been three weeks. I will now have to manually enter into the app on my desktop everything for the past few days. Not cool.
Pretty good program
I find the glucose and exercise programs exceptional. I would like to see a line for A1C readings. I really don’t like the food logging program at all. Some products for which I wanted to alter quantities were measured in ounces; i needed them to be measured in cups or tsp or tblsp. Altering amounts requires an esoteric knowledge of how the foods are calculated, then apply basic arithmetic to recalculate volumes appropriately. The locating foodstuffs is awful, and requires guesses as to how the particular food is catalogued. It is not a transparent part of the program.
I use another much simpler program for logging food, then transfer calories and carbs to Diabetes Pilot by using the Quick Entry button. Fortunately that part of the program accepts all kinds of names that I can use for these entries. If Calorie Count provided Glucose logging, and a place for A1C logging I would use that program exclusively. But they don’t. What I do works for me, therefore I am content to give Diabetes Pilot a 3 star.
- Digital Altitudes, LLC
- 2.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014 Digital Altitudes, LLC. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.