We are committed to a scientific approach to the medical evaluation and treatment of disease. With the release of Diagnose, physicians can apply the strength of evidence-based medicine during the bedside evaluation of patients.
When examining a patient with a presumptive diagnosis, such as stroke, physicians can now see in real-time how specific findings on the history, physical exam and laboratory evaluation of patients alters the likelihood of disease.
Diagnose was created by an internal medicine resident and an engineer aiming to create simple and free mobile tools for physicians.
"Diagnose is a fantastic app that encourages the application of evidence-based medicine in clinical practice."
- Daniel Schwartz, MD
1. Select a condition
2. Adjust your pre-test probability using the slider. We suggest a pre-test probability supported by the literature, but should be tailored to the clinical situation.
3. Select the positive and negative findings from your workup. Select a finding by tapping on the row and toggle through three states (positive | negative | none).
4. The post-test probability is calculated and displayed at the bottom of the screen.
We work hard to make this app free and as good as possible. You can help us out by giving us a GOOD RATING via the App Store.
If you have any suggestions, please email us first and give us a chance to improve before rating. We will respond.
New tech stacks were used. UI improved.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Looking at text books and seeing list of symptoms and findings paints only a small part of the diagnosis. Minutes after installing Diagnose, I am already starting to appreciate the different weights to each symptom/finding. Keep it up guys and please add more diseases.
Excellent Free Resource
This app is incredibly useful. It has most of the useful likelihood ratios compared to other Likelihood Ratio Apps that cost a lot of money in subscription fees. Keep it up! The medical community appreciates it.
Great for real-time diagnostic help!
Easy to use, helpful for students & experienced clinicians alike in using EBM to make a diagnosis. Helps dispel heuristics & misconceptions about pre/post test probabilities.
- Diagnose Software Inc.
- 32.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Diagnose Software Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.