Dialogue is a unique tool for writers which makes screenwriting easy and enjoyable. Writers can then format the screenplay into a PDF or convert the text content as fountain script.
Current Features Include:
- Ability to create characters and identify character dialogue count.
- Create and organize scenes.
- Predictive chat automatically selects previous speaking character.
- Speech-to-text allows you to dictate your characters dialogue.
- Ability to reorder chat bubbles.
- Convert screenplay to PDF or export to fountain script for desktop.
- Character builder to create unique avatars for characters.
- Image import for character avatars.
- Entry version that can be upgraded.
- Simple on-boarding to quickly get into screenwriter.
- Dark theme to make writing enjoyable day and night.
This version includes the following updates and changes:
+ A new edit mode for dialogue. You can double tap a speech bubble or text to enter edit mode.
+ Tap to Read. This is useful for reading back your story or sharing via airplay.
+ Bug fixes. There a numerous bug fixes, but more on the way soon.
Ratings and Reviews
Intuitive Screenplay app
I’ve used other screenplay writing apps and this one I really prefer. It’s very easy to write a script and is very organized and simple. However it can be improved in certain areas such as adding a details for characters made or writing a synopsis or summary for the screenplay you are writing. I like the features for copyright, making the characters easy to add to a scene and the template to describe a scene. However the app does glitch when selecting characters to add to a scene. For example if I select 3 ontop of the roster and scroll down to select 2 when I go back to the top to be sure everything is set the characters are deselected and there’s no way to choose the ones I wanted for the scene. This on version 1.0.3 on iOS 11.3.1. But overall it’s a really good app I recommend it for anyone that enjoys writing and making a story!
Love it so far
Like a few other people have mentioned I’m using this as an easy way to flesh out the dialogue for a story. It’s very easy to use and intuitive, and I’ve already decided to get the full version as I can tell I’ll be using it a lot. However at the moment I’m not able to export the scene that I’m writing. When I try to hit the share button from export to desktop the app freezes, and when I try to export to a PDF the app crashes. With this working smoothly it would be five stars for sure.
Great potential, needs work
The app idea is fantastic and a great fit for quickly developing an idea through dialogue. If the execution was more polished I’d give this a 5 star.
I downloaded and bought the app last night and:
- Stability is poor; in 3 hours of usage, it crashed 9 times. It didn’t loose any significant data but is frustrating. I also couldn’t delete characters because it would crash every time.
- Adding dialogue anywhere but the bottom is painful, unless I’m missing something. You can’t place a cursor and add dialogue there, you have to drag each . Want to add to the middle? Get ready for a lot of scrolling and dragging from the bottom
- Feeling lost in setting menus. There’s a few versions and it was hard to remember which option was which settings screen (app, screenplay, scene) it was at.
- Cant duplicate or copy scenes would be a nice feature (I write sketch, Which are 2-3 pages. I would use scenes as draft stages for a single script so it’d be nice to be able to copy it)
Overall I’d say download it and try it out. It’s a great idea, hopefully it can get some updates soon.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.