Diarly is modern journaling app available for Mac, iPhone and iPad. It allows you to keep your Diary and your Notes in one place.
This simple, distraction-free interface is packed with advanced features, making your daily journal into a pleasurable experience.
ENJOY THE FOLLOWING FREE DIARLY FEATURES:
• Advanced layout options offer added meaning to your entries, such as with heading labels, bullet points, line separators, emoji's, symbols, highlighted text, website links input into text, and more
• Add stunning visuals to your entries with your own images
• Insert drawings made on iPad or iPhone
• Keep your important files in one place by importing them directly into your entries
• Easily jump between previous entries by using the calendar tool
• Use time separators to create a distinction in multiple daily entries
• Create hashtags, or add your distinct thoughts to convenient lists or tag labels for quick and dynamic filtering
• A word finder locates your thoughts that may not have been tagged to a list
• Customizable and resizable font settings include access to your own system favorites
• A light or a dark theme is available (Upgrade to Premium for access to 100+ themes!)
• Never forget to where your memories are tied by browsing Map View. Add, and label locations to entries, or input map links to previously written words
• Track your progress with word and character counts
• Daily writing goals with word-count targets
• Note and check all of your accomplished goals with useful checklists
• Export to Markdown
• Use our base, pre-set, daily thought cue templates for your entries, or create your own preferences
• Customize your preferences to a built-in spelling and grammar checker
• Dictation is supported
• Import the entries that you made to other journaling applications so that you can make Diarly your new home!
• Your journal is kept private with encryption and password protection
• Keep your personal thoughts available to you on multiple devices, with seamless, secure sync via iCloud
• Access to over 100 beautiful custom themes that personalize your meaningful journaling experience
• An ability to create and import your own design themes from Markdown! (In-app tutorial available)
• Enjoy unlimited journals that open separate interfaces, then categorize each of them for all aspects of your needs
• View statistics on your writing achievements that cover the last 90 days or more
• Export to PDF and Print
FREE TRIAL & PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION:
Diarly offers optional Premium Subscription. After initial free trial period subscription will be auto-renewed with the price displayed when making purchase.
It will be charged from your iTunes account after the purchase. The subscription will be auto-renewed 24 hours before the subscription period ends with the same kind of subscription you already bought to the same price. To avoid automatic renewal, you must cancel the subscription at least 24 hours before it expires. You can manage or cancel your auto-renewable subscription by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. It's not possible to abort the subscription during the time it's active. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase the premium subscription
Check out Diarly for use on your iPhone or iPad:
Terms & Conditions:
Follow on us on Twitter:
We are diligent in making constant, valuable improvements to your Diarly experience. With your thoughts and input in mind, any suggestions are welcome. Be sure to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• You can now use auto-location in templates
• Various other small improvements
Thank you for your help & suggestions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love it! Enhancement suggestion for the devs~
I pretty much never write reviews. But I’ve been low-key searching for the perfect app for my journaling over the years. And I’ve finally found the one! I love how you can really simplify the look of the screen to help you stay focused on your writing, yet lots of useful little features are just a click or two away. I love how there’s a little preview for each entry, and the themes, and the search — I just really like all of the features and how they’re neatly tucked away. And I really appreciate the added protection of the password. *So* worth the one-time in-app purchase.
There are enough options that I can feel like I’m customizing the app to my liking, but not too many options such that I feel overwhelmed and distracted by features rather than what the app is intended for - writing.
One idea that would make this *perfect* for me, would be if the devs added the option to choose your cursor color as well as the theme. I love the pink cursor that is built into the darkest theme, but I prefer the second-darkest theme. If I could have the best of both worlds, this would be completely perfect for me. (It’s already pretty close to perfect in my opinion!)
Developer Response ,
Hello & thank you for such positive review and suggestions!
Can confirm that new version will allow making custom themes (by modifying exported theme css). We hope you like it!
Please don't hesitate to contact us if something does not work as expected or maybe will have more ideas how to make app better.
App is currently great, just a couple things I would like to see
This is the cleanest nicest diary app I have seen. I love that you use markdown but format it in a great looking way even while writing. And as others have said, the simplicity of the app realy makes it perfect for journaling. The thing I was looking for forever was the ability to specify a template for new entries, so thanks so much for that!
There are just a couple missing things that are keeping me from switching over: 1) I love this app, but I can’t bring myself to commit to it if it doesn’t have the ability to export to a format that other apps use. I am worried that I’ll want to switch in a month or two and don’t want to go through manually transfering every day’s journal. 2) I write entries right before I go to bed, which is sometimes after midnight. Right now, I don’t see a way to change the date on an existing entry, I only see a way to create a brand new entry. This isn’t a huge deal, but it would just be a nice little convinience to be able to click the date and select a new one.
Developer Response ,
Hello & Thank you for your review! Can you please contact us by sending us an email to email@example.com so that we can learn more about your needs? We got some ideas for both of your points but would like to know if they match your requirements before we start implementing.
Makes so much more sense than Day One
I’ve tested both apps at the same time. There is an elegance in simplicity and Diarly has this advantage, and others, over Day One. Choosing this one was a no-brainer. So much so that I immediately purchased this version, where paying for an annual subscription with Day One just didn’t feel right. I understand the reasoning behind it, but with a journal—something so personal—I feel more comfortable owning the app.
One thing I would love to see is the ability to sync the app without having to use iCloud.
Thank you for making this app, making it well, affordable, and with a beautiful UI.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for such kind words! It's great pleasure to receive such feedback.
The new updates should make UI even more beautiful. Next update will make dark theme available in also free version, update after will bring new app icon.
There are no plans at this moment to do other sync methods (it's really hard to do it right!) but we will definitely consider it in future. All depends how many other customers will request it.
Application is still in early stage (e.g still no iPhone client). If you would have any suggestions how to improve it or noticed any bugs please send as an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Krzysztof Nowak
- 14.3 MB
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Pure Form Studio Krzysztof Nowak
- In-App Purchases
- Full Access Journaling App $17.99
- Full Access Journaling App. $14.99
- Yearly Premium $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.