Diary is the most beautiful and simple way to collect your daily thoughts and experiences on your iPhone or iPod touch.
• Password & Touch ID Protection
• Choose a theme
• Add photos (incl. Camera+ support)
• Add voice memos
• Full text search
• Export as email
• Fully encrypted if the device is protected with a passcode key
• Choose between different font styles and sizes.
- Fixed some nasty bugs.
- Made sure it works fine with iOS 11.
Ratings and Reviews
Good start but can use LOTS of improvements
Good features that other apps don't have: Ability to have 3 pictures in 1 entry and to be able to email them. The interface looks nice, but there is only one option and you're stuck with it.
1. Set font should be inside the apps, not in General Settings. Also it would be nice to be able to set different font for each entry.
2. Implement timestamp! This is a must and currently a big thing that's missing.
3. To me the biggest draw of this app is that you can have 3 pics in 1 entry ... however I want MORE options for pictures. Where to put them (bottom of entry, left, right, or just anywhere) and also to be able to rotate or at least put them a bit on an angle. The squarish picture looks very cold/stiff and doesn't really mesh well with the "old book" style of the app.
4. Since it's a book, why not implement page turner just like in many other book apps? This would be a very nice addition and consistent with the "I'm opening up my journal book" feel. Overall if the UI can be more like "Classics" app that would be ideal.
WAS my fav til itunes 4.0 update-WARNING NO PASSWORD PROTECTION
This WAS my favorite diary/journal app for ages until the latest update when I discovered the password protection DOES NOT FUNCTION anymore. Three days later I was completely locked out of the app asking for a password! I had already started to move my entries to another app but had not completed the task. I had also emailed the developer. I also left a review stating this...the developer DID respond to my questions (first about the passcode and then about being locked out) to say a fix is being submitted and this issue will hopefully be fixed by week's end-I will hope for next week though between the developer and Apple to work this out:) I am pleased and hopeful. I understand there can be "glitches" with any app as itunes upgrades and just hope my entries are not lost. A huge "thank you" to the developer for emailing me regarding my concerns~I upgraded my review accordingly to be fair and stand behind it when this app is fully functional.
To be honest my hopes were higher for this app for the price point. I was initially drawn because of the interface which is very well done but the app as a whole is way too basic. Simplicity is good but lack of features isn't, unless it's free. Considering this is strictly a diary app I expect more features. It feels like the same effect can be achieved in other non-diary applications as an aside. Why should we purchase this "diary" instead of just using a note pad? Password protection? That all ya got?
On a positive note you do list planned updates that have me optimistic about the future of this application.
Suggestions: Calendar, more fonts, perhaps the option of multiple diaries for subject specific entries, theme options, oh and despite what Apple suggests you should without a doubt have settings within the app itself. This way it's more user friendly and not confusing us. Sorry for the harsh review but I'm pulling for this app!
- Sophia Wittwer
- 14.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Sophia Wittwer
- In-App Purchases
- Hearts $0.99
- Notebook (Lined) $0.99
- Vintage $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.