A medium-sized dictionary with 175,000 keywords, phases and translations.
* Current and comprehensive vocabulary containing around 75,000 keywords and phrases and more than 100,000 translations
* Bi-directional: German => English and English => German
* With context examples, information on language use and lots of other important information on grammar
* Includes regional differences in the language as spoken in Austria and Switzerland
* With info boxes for culture, country and people
* With IPA phonetics
Who can benefit in particular from this app? For all language learners who frequently have to look up English or German terms at language school or adult education centres.
* Easy search function: Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for
* You can use the Bookmarks feature as a learning tool or to create your own topics and word lists
* Jump from one language direction to the other with just one click: from ‘English => German’ to ‘German => English’ and vice versa. Access linked entries, equally with just one click
* Use the back arrow to return to recently looked-up words
* This application provides 100% offline functionality. You do not incur any roaming charges
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
* Fun and engaging word games like ‘Hangman’, ‘Word scramble’ and ‘Anagrams’ give you the opportunity to use newly learned words
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at email@example.com.
* Optimised for iOS 10!
* Completely redesinged user interface
* New camera search feature looks up words in your camera's viewfinder
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Nashville to Berlin
Good: This dictionary has a good user interface and stores the info offline. Genders for the nouns are shown.
Bad: I'm in an intermediate German class and almost 5% of the words I try to look up either aren't in here or have an insufficient translation. Usually they're basic words that really should be in there, for example, "erstellen" which means "to appoint". That's frustrating. Also, while some verb entries display the basic conjugation, this is no conjugation for a lot of other verb entries.
Conclusion: For about 90% of words I look up, I find exactly what I need. However, I'd recommend you either buy a bigger PONS dictionary or get one from Langenscheidt. I have Langensheidt's German Learner's Dictionary (German-German, for $25) and it has had all the words that this dictionary didn't. I got a regular German Wörterbuch app that has complete verb conjugation.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.