Take control of the data that powers your digital life - and experience the magic of apps designed with digi.me’s private sharing technology.
A new way to power apps with your data - privately
Digi.me is a new way for people to collect data from across their lives and reuse to power apps specially designed with our private sharing technology. There’s never been an easier, more secure, more ethical way for people to share data with apps. First, you have to download digi.me to build your own data library. Then you can explore and download cool apps that respect you and your privacy.
Build your encrypted digi.me data library
Before you share your personal data, you need to pull all that data into a single location under your control. Digi.me help you with this by enabling you to store your data on your cloud service of choice. Currently, these are:
• Google Drive
Once you have chosen your storage, you can then connect the sources where you share your data. Right now we have importers for over 15,000 services including:
# Finance and Banking
• Thousands of banks worldwide
# Fitness and Wellbeing
# Medical Records
• Iceland Department of Health
• Hundreds of US Hospitals
# Social Media, Entertainment and Interests
• UK DVLA MOT History
If there are other storage providers or sources, you would like to see us integrate with please use the in-app feature voting to let us know.
In-app features include:
• Search - search across all data sources by date and time period, by source, and by a person.
• Personal insights - find your top spends, top fitness stats and much more.
• Private Sharing - see what apps you’ve shared your data with, for how long and how your data is being used.
Private Sharing with apps
Digi.me gives you the ability to share your personal data with apps and companies. Each app provides a unique way for you to get value from your data, like convenience, insights, personalisation and offers.
• You control who you share your data with.
• The data sharing is a private, secure transaction between you and the third party.
• You can see who, what, how and where the third party will use your data.
• At any time you can revoke access to your data.
• Our service uses military-grade security to protect your data.
• All integration partners are advised on the best ways to manage your data and work with you for mutual benefit.
Third Party Apps to try out:
• TFP - Looking for a job? Running for office? Getting married? Automatically analyses all your social posts for vulgar or objectional content to see what you might want to delete.
• Sand - Analyses a year’s worth of social media data across Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social sites to analyse your posting habits, including by day and time.
• HealthyMe - Allows users to download all of their medical records, including hospital visits, medication, allergies, vaccinations and diagnoses, into one place where they can easily be searched, viewed, and shared.
• Happy Not Happy - Provides insights on the emotional content and mood of your social media posts over the previous two years.
• SocialSafe - Allows you to import every photo you have ever posted, re-posted, commented on, or liked across every major social network.
• Retina Risk - Diabetes manager that uses your health and device data to help you identify your risk for sight-threatening retinopathy. You can track and monitor disease progression and gain insights into your condition.
• VaxAbroad - Analyzes your immunisation records to see what vaccines you need before traveling to a specific country.
• Finsights - Private and secure financial manager that instantly gives you a window into all of your expenses and spending. Features beautiful, interactive graphs and pie charts.
• When you remove a service, the home tile counts are now updated correctly
• Fixed layout of the Private Sharing screen on smaller devices
• You should no longer be locked out of the app if you happen to launch it cold after your first share
• Added small animation to the password screen when you dismiss the keyboard
• Also, fixed a crash that would sometime occur on the password screen
• Fixed a crash in settings that would sometimes happen when you connect to your library on another device
• When removing an account, we now show actual data provider where possible
• Further improvements to streamline setting up digi.me
• Medical and Fitness category tiles now have a new, more consistent design!
• “Saved albums” tile now displays correct item counts
• Tapping on “Following” or “View in Spotify” entertainment tiles now actually takes you to the source
• “Recently Played” tile is now also visible for existing users who updated their app
• Fixed track tile layout on smaller devices
• You should no longer be seeing double when it comes to the map tile
Ratings and Reviews
Beautiful, fast social media aggregation
A great way to see all your social media accounts in one place.
My experience with this app was seamless. It loaded over a thousand posts from 5 accounts within seconds. I did not have any trouble creating my library or linking to it again on my second device. I noticed all the written reviews from users were negative, so I decided to try to add some balance since I am very pleased with my experience thus far.
The interface is stunningly beautiful and streamlined and the animations are smooth. It’s easy and fun to navigate, and the “Tiles” view for filters and saved searches is quite handy. Great interactive tutorial too. Seems like a good way to backup your posts in case I lose access to my one accounts or get hacked.
The only bit of improvement I can think of is that it doesn’t fully support Facebook’s upgraded “like” feature. It only counts likes, and cannot make sense of loves, laugh, cry or other reactions to the post. So it does not count them at all, and the number of reactions differs on digi.me than on actual Facebook.
Developer Response ,
Thank you! Always lovely to hear what we're getting right :) Also we will be supporting Facebook reactions soon, won't be the next release but should be the one after that. We also have an insiders program that will enable you to get hold of the latest betas if you're interested - digi.me/insider
Disappointed after re-install... MAJOR issue
10/10 - Update. I've deleted the app and re-installed... and the major problem continues. This time, I only connected my Facebook vs. last time, when I connected all my social media plus financial accounts. Wasn't going to waste my time again.
A) It does not pick up new postings after the initial loading, which seems to be somewhat random. B) No idea/explanation about how it decides how far back it picks up. C) there is still no FAQ section, which would explain better how it works.
I really, really want this to work and I'm surprised that it was recommended by a tech writer at NYTimes, considering the flaws. It's user-interface is very nice, but if the app isn't useful, it's just a pretty face.
After spending quite a bit of time giving it access to all the accounts that would make it useful... It has NOT updated that info. Facebook posts, tweets, bank transactions, etc. are all static and not changed since first time/day.
Their support people have been responsive, but not been able to correct the issue.
The app also miscategorizes expenses and there is NO way to correct. And there are few directions on how to do things.
I will give it another week and then delete.
Developer Response ,
I'm really sorry you're still experiencing issues. Quick responses: A) the first sync currently focuses on getting all data and whilst doing that, doesn't look out for new content. Once first full sync is successful, new content would appear with each pull to refresh (we will be improving this so you never have to wait for new content). B) we attempt to sync every post you've ever made, if it's still available. C) we've been slack with our new FAQ section; this is a priority for us.
We pushed some changes to our sync engine last night, addressing the syncing of new transactions issue with bank transactions so that should work for you now. We have hit a couple of issues with some Facebook accounts and would love if you could shake your device with digi.me open to send us a log. This will help us identify if the sync engine is failing. Thanks for your perseverance.
Hey. Really sorry your first experience with the app wasn't great. We are currently isolating issues with bank imports so we can get them working for everyone. In the meantime you could try to remove the bank account (settings > tap on account > remove) and add it again. There also will be a way to recategorise expenses in the near future; for now hopefully the ability to quickly search for a transaction will provide some value. We will be in touch through support when we have an update for you.
Let’s you log in to some accounts then only option is ‘Cancel’ so it doesn’t save. Then your just scrolling through pics of your posts. Lame.
Developer Response ,
Hey, sorry you couldn't see any immediate value to the app. It's meant to be a unified place for the content you generate, be that photos you post or like, transactions you make, your fitness activities and we're just testing music you listen to and medical records. Lots more to come. The app, as it is now, simply provides a really quick way to find any of this content, and is ready to help you manage the sharing of specific pieces of content, if you find you need to. Would love to know how you found out about digi.me and what you were hoping to get from it. This will help us make sure we're explaining it correctly! Thanks in advance, Pascal
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.