This app functions both as a simple magnifier and as an economical alternative to the absurdly expensive headsets such as eSight and others for legally blind individuals.
Two apps in one! This app functions both as a simple magnifier and as an economical alternative to the absurdly expensive headsets such as eSight, NuEyes, and OxSight.
There are many magnifier apps out there for people with low vision/visual disabilities, but this app is the first to additionally offer a fully-functional augmented reality experience that allows legally blind individuals to enhance and augment their natural sight. Users can achieve the exact same benefits and visual enhancements from existing (and expensive) commercial hardware at a tiny fraction of the cost.
Using inexpensive AR/VR headsets and extremely affordable Bluetooth remotes (or Apple or Pebble watches), sufferers of macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and many other visual impairments can regain a tremendous amount of autonomy and independence.
- Use the Magnifier mode to zoom and enlarge text and everyday objects. You can also increase/decrease brightness, color saturation, contrast, and activate/deactivate the flashlight on the phone for increased visibility
- Use the Headset mode with any compatible AR/VR headset to enhance your sight hands-free!
- Headset mode works with any compatible iCade Bluetooth remote controller, Apple Watches, and Pebble Smartwatches (excluding Round watches)
- Use remotes or smartwatches to increase/decrease brightness, color saturation, contrast, and activate/deactivate the flashlight on the phone for increased visibility
- Instructional How-To videos for all features!
NOTE: To fully experience the features of this app, you will need an AR/VR headset to place your phone or iPod Touch, as well as a Bluetooth remote, Apple Watch, or Pebble Watch to control your headset. The app contains links to all compatible components as well as instructions for using them.
If you have a Bluetooth remote or device that this app does not function correctly with, please get in touch! We want this to be as accessible to as many people as possible!
Prophet Studios believes in building reliable, useful, and innovative apps and tools. I built this app because my father recently lost most of his sight and existing vision-enhancing headsets are ridiculously expensive. That made me furious. So I made this app because everyone deservers to see without having to pay an absurd amount of money for it.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
The app only displays an image on one side of the phone. No option on the watch remote app fixes this.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kevin Hunt
- 166.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Prophet Studios
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.