Diigo annotator allows you to save, annotate and share bookmarks easily!
Save and sync
You can use Diigo annotator to save web pages to your Diigo account and the bookmarks will sync across your devices so that you can access them anytime, anywhere later.
Annotate while reading
Diigo annotator allows you to annotate web pages with highlights and sticky notes. The annotate button will pop up at the bottom when you save a page via the extension and disappear after several seconds. Just click the button to annotate!
Readability mode aims to improve your reading experience by removing ads and unnecessary information. It is the default reading mode when you open a bookmark within the app.
You can read your saved PDF files within the app directly and we will consider supporting PDF annotation in the future!
You can share your bookmarks with annotations to others through email or IM or send it to other apps easily.
We will keep working on the improvements of Diigo annotator to make it better and better. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or suggestions.
Ratings and Reviews
I was assigned to use Diigo for a graduate technology integration class and I have been very impressed with the functionality. I liked the option that synced the online version to the app. I was able to pick up where I left off when I got on the bus to go home. The tags make it easy to find related articles. I would highly recommend using this resource for higher ed learning.
I want to love this app, but...
It's slow. The web app is wonderful. When I add or remove a bookmark on my iPhone or iPad, it shows up on the web within a matter of seconds. When I add something on the web, nothing happens in the iOS app, and if it does, only after I refresh, and that seems to take an unusually long time pretty much every time.
In the iOS app you have an option that we can select to save all contents as private. What I would really like is to also have an option to save all bookmarks as unread as well. This is crucial if I'm going to select the option to quick save without a bookmark window. When I save bookmarks for reading later, I want this to be a quick process that will be easy for me to find what I bookmarked for reading later.
BUGS AND MISSING BASIC FEATURES
Thanks for "find in page" and "Copy Annotated Link to a page" !! Better late than never! Now could you please fix the new bug where all tools disappear from the toolbar?
I've used Diigo for about ten years now, longer than almost any service I've used, which may be why I'm ready to bash my head against a wall that basic things in the iOS app never happen. For starters...
In "Clean" view...
- links are impossible to see. They look like regular text. Why??
- some, or most, of the page's text is often missing. I can accept that there may be a technical reason for this, but a warning when text is missing would be nice, at least
- Clean view is often the ONLY view possible, when opening a link from a browser. Seeing the original page requires switching to the Diigo app. That wouldn't be so bad except...
- the app allows only one tab, so viewing a newly bookmarked page requires backing out of any other page I was viewing in the app, which I may not have finished reading.
In any view mode...
- when coloring a highlight, the color choices usually do not appear properly. Just 4 little black boxes. My workaround? I've memorized the order now: yellow then blue then green then red. This is ridiculous.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.