Native Innovation, Inc. is excited to offer you the Diné Bizaad App for iPhone®, iPad® & iPod touch®. Native Innovation, Inc. is adding to the Diné language revitalization initiative, a movement throughout our region, to promote the Diné language. We hope to promote and instill pride in our Diné language learners by offering this revolutionary technology tool.
We are using the internet and the World Wide Web as a repository for preserving the Diné language. Speaking our Diné language instills our values, our wisdom and our way of life. We see our generation preserving the Diné language, then our goal is to have the next generation promoting the Diné language. We challenge you to promote life-long learning in all our indigenous language learners by either becoming creative facilitators or mentoring a language learner.
This project is not fully funded and we are seeking donations and/or sponsors to continue researching, collaborating with communities, enhancing the modules in the app, updating the database and create more exciting apps.
We would like to continue contributing to the Diné language revitalization initiative by offering quality tools! We have more project concepts written on our project board and we hope to bring you more tools soon.
- Login with Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
- Toggle between the Diné keyboard and the English keyboard.
- Search words in Diné and English.
- Listen to words and phrases using the audio feature!! Now you can hear vowel/consonant, glottal and high tone sounds.
- The categories module will have family relationships, parts of the body, numbers, colors, textures, shapes, sizes, time, days of the week, seasons, months, clothing, food, money, directions, places, nature, plants and more coming soon!!
- The Clanship module will be our next project and will be coming soon.
- Word of the Day module features a calendar with daily notifications of Diné cultural notes in Diné and English. Brought to you by Florian Tom Johnson, Navajo Word of the Day.
- Recent searches can be saved and deleted.
- Clipboard module allows you to type custom characters in Diné and English.
- Share words and phrases to email, messaging, Facebook, Twitter or you can copy words & phrases and past into other apps outside of this app.
- Feedback module allows you to email us new words you want to be added to the app.
- Favorites module allows you to view words and phrases that you have favorited.
NATIVE INNOVATION, INC
Kialo Winters (Founder of Diné Bizaad app)
KTNN Radio Station
Navajo Nation Head Start
Thank you for downloading our Diné Bizaad app!!
If you are experiencing issues with this app after installation, please help us by emailing your concerns through the Feedback module in this app.
Thank you for your support!
Follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/NativeInnovation
Follow us on Twitter @NativeInnovate @NavajoWeb Follow us on Instagram @NativeInnovation
Follow Native Innovation, Inc. on Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn
The Diné Bizaad app is available for iPhone®, iPad® & iPod touch® and Android OS.
Learn more at www.nativeinnovation.com
Diné Bizaad App © 2014-2016 NATIVE INNOVATION, INC.
© 2011-2016 NATIVE INNOVATION, INC. All Rights Reserved.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Minor bug fixed
Ratings and Reviews
I need more tho!
I love that this app exists, as its features, categories have potential to be incredibly useful. However, I’m longing for more material, which is why I’m giving it 4 Stars instead of 5. I feel that this app would be so spectacular if it were only updated. For example, there are categories that I would love to learn more about, and they’re blank, and there is not a “word of the day” for every day.
Diné Bizaad app ayóo shíł yá'át'ééh! Saad ła 'bínáhoosh'aah. This app is really helpful if you're learning the language, it has a lot of words/phrases in the dictionary and is very easy to use. The word of the day part is also a great perk! I love that it sends me notifications when they're posted and there is almost always an audio pronunciation. It's very rare to find good sources for learning diné Bizaad and I am beyond thrilled there are apps like this keeping the language alive. My only complaint would be that there hasn't been that many "word of the day" posts but recently it's been much more frequent. Chxǫ́ǫ́h sxį́h! Ahéhee' bíhwiidoo'ááł.
I was excited to see that it was free but very limited until you buy a premium version. I was hoping to try out or at least navigate a little more before having to purchase something. Very great concept though and I hope it expands and gets more reviews about premium purchases and audio/dictionary expansions.
The developer, Jerome Tsosie, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jerome Tsosie
- 12.7 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2019 NATIVE INNOVATION, INC. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Diné Bizaad Premium $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.