Dinner planner is a handy and fun tool to help you plan your weekly dinners and keep a collection of what you like to eat.
You can plan as many meals in advance as you want to, add meal categories and comments about the meals. You can also specify the ingredients of each meal and add them to a shopping list.
- create as many week plans as you wish and order them the way you like
- add a week plan based on an existing week plan
- choose on which day your week plan should start
- add as many meals to a day as you wish
- reorder meals from one day to another day easily
- add a comment to a meal
- add ingredients to a meal
- add a custom icon to a meal
- choose which of the ingredients you want to add to the shopping list
- easily cross out items on the shopping list
- easily clear all the crossed out items on the shopping list
- reorder the items on the shopping list
- share your shopping list with dropbox
- view your meals alphabetically or by category
- see a list of suggestions of what to eat, based on what you've eaten before
- put meals in a category
- backup/restore meals and categories to dropbox
- search meals by name and/or ingredient(s)
- iOS 12 optimisation
- Refactor to Dropbox v2 API
Ratings and Reviews
I like a lot of things about this app, but there’s a bug and I’m not sure if this app is still being supported or whether the bug will be fixed. Once I save a meal, sometimes the comments are over written with the title of the meal. I keep losing my comments.
This is exactly what I was looking for. All I need is a simple app to make my menus. I can adjust the day it starts on, I can rearrange meals easily, I can add notes about the meal and I can list ingredients I need and they are added to a shopping list. The only complaint is that I can't print out my menu. I like to have a print out on the fridge for the family to see. That way they can grab things from the freezer to thaw when I'm not home with out having to go into my iPad. Can you fix this? Then it would be a 5 star app!
Bug that needs fixing
I was really enjoying using this and all of a sudden there is a weird bug that makes the app unusable. When I add an ingredient or add anything, the save and cancel buttons land way at the top under the time and battery symbols on my phone and it won’t let you tap on them. The only way to get out of that screen on the app is to shut it down and then you lose everything since you can’t save. It’s made the app useless. Literally! So bummed!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.