▶New DioDict 4, Quick Search Enabled Electronic Dictionary, Now Available◀
The complete New Ace English-Korean Dictionary • published by Kumsung Publishing, one of the Korea's leading dictionary makers • 310,000 words, meanings and examples • Thousands of notes on grammar and ways to use words • No internet connection needed.
**Free upgrade available for Diodict 3.5 ENG-KOR Dictionary users.
If you are using Diodict 3.5, please note that each version has different functions. Wordbook/History functions may not be available in the newest version due to database replacement. **
** In order to conform to iOS guidelines, we have had to raise the lowest compatible iOS version to 9.0. **
=====Trusted Dictionary and Continuous Updates Available=====
• The trusted New Ace Korean-English dictionary is used by Oxford University Press, the world's largest university press!
• Continuous updates from Harper Collins' 'New Words' database!
• Updated under the supervision of domestic and foreign language institutions and Jeong Yeongguk and Jo Miok, the most respected lexicographers in Korea.
=====Contains Rich Content=============
• Entries focus on practicality and frequency of use.
• A wide range of lexicon including a select 215,000 English-Korean and 95,000 Korean-English entries.
• Two way English-Korean dictionary suited to learners of both English and Korean.
• Updated to cover the latest vocabulary in Korean and English.
• Example Bank available with examples applicable to daily, real-life conversations and compositions.
• Pronunciation guide from the built-in American Text To Speech (TTS) solution.
• American and British pronunciation guide available for free (download is available via Wi-Fi.)
• Various detailed examples essential for English learners provided.
=====Powerful & Specialized Functions in Diodict 4=====
▶ Easier Search with 'Multi Search' ◀
• When you enter a word to search, relevant sentence idioms and phrasal verbs are searched for and spelling is checked automatically.
• Multiple types of searches are available in a single search window without the need to select a search mode.
▶ Search Features ◀
• Wildcard search: enter “?” or “*” in place of a letter when you are unsure of the spelling (e.g., “man*ver” retrieves the word “maneuver”).
• Search not only for words, but for phrases or examples.
• The spell check function corrects typos - if you are unsure of the spelling or mis-type a word, a list of similar words is offered.
• With the Korean-English dictionary, you can quickly search a word by typing the initial consonants of the Korean alphabet.
• The search results are listed in real-time when you enter a keyword.
• links to Google so that you can search for more information on a particular word.
• If you search for a verb in the English-Korean dictionary, the infinitive is always found whether it's in the present, past, past participle, or future perfect.
▶ Vocab Revision ◀
• History menu lists all your recent word searches.
• Save words and expressions to any number of flashcard folders.
• You can efficiently learn the words saved in the folders using the Cradle and Yes/No Quizzes function.
=====Reliable Dictionary App Provider=====
*** The Number One Company in the Domestic Mobile Electronic Dictionary Market for Over 10 Years, with Over 100 staff in R&D.
- The company”s own testing department performs meticulous testing, along with a customer support department.
***Diodict Dictionary Series, over 20 Different Dictionaries, Now Available on iTunes!
■ CS center : firstname.lastname@example.org
The new name reflects our dedication to Artificial Intelligence technology, all of us at SELVAS AI strive to do our best for our customers.
- Fixed iOS 13 issues.
- Fixed resolution issue.
Ratings and Reviews
Don't buy if you're a Korean learner
This app claims to be an English Korean Dictionary. It isn't a bilingual dictionary as it claims to be. The touted about TTS (text to speech) feature only works for English words but not Korean words. What kind of bilingual dictionary is that?
Two steps back...and one step forward
Love this dictionary, and I was a constant user of the old version. But why take away screen rotation in the new version? It looks snazzy and otherwise deserves five stars, but I give it three for sheer laziness. If it hadn't always been capable of screen rotation before, I understand, but that's not the case here, and as I often use this dictionary in class while teaching, with my ipad sitting on the desk in front of me (in landscape mode because that's how it works with a smart cover), but now it is awkward and difficult.
UPDATE: Fabulous, now that landscape mode has been restored. I am still not giving it five stars quite yet, because of issues that other reviewers have mentioned regarding load speed. But it is a solid four stars, and unlike some of the other reviewers, I quite like the new look.
English speakers, don't buy!!!
This app is only for Koreans wanting to learn English. There is no TTS for Korean and no explanation, in English, for Korean words. I have contacted Diotek two times. Each time they tell me to re-install the app. It's just a stall, it doesn't work. So awful that I'm contacting Apple (like that will help). Please don't waste your money; I'll probably never see mine again.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.