Diptic helps you create and share beautiful photo collages.
• Mac App Store Best of 2012 and 2013
• Apple’s Editors' Choice
•Top 5 Photography App
• Import photos from iPhoto and Aperture. Use the Media section of the open dialog to browse your iPhoto and Aperture albums. Alternatively, you can drag and drop images from your favorite photo applications into the Diptic frame.
• Share Sheets: Share to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and more. (10.8+).
• High resolution export (max of 3072x3072), with option to choose JPG or PNG.
LAYOUTS AND BORDERS
• Choose from 75 layouts (one to nine photos in each layout).
• Customize your layouts to better fit your pictures by sliding interior frame lines.
• Create rectangular Diptics (great for printing) with the Aspect Ratio Slider.
• Round the inner and outer borders, as well as modify thickness and color, and apply background textures.
• Choose from14 filters, as well as adjust brightness, contrast, hue and color saturation.
• Personalize your Diptics with text captions.
OTHER SWEET FEATURES
• Save Projects. The “.dptc” file format lets you save your Diptic projects and come back to them later.
• Drag and drop pictures into frames, and swap photos between frames
• Multi-Touch: The UI reacts to gestures with your Magic Mouse or Trackpad.
• Full screen. Because sometimes you just want things to be huge.
El Capitan bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
NEEDS Update for High Sierra
I’ve been using Diptic for years as a final cut for iPhoto before I upload merchandise to my store or social media. The iPhone Diptic app works the same as it always did and I really like it. The computer app however, no longer allows for text to be saved to a photo which makes redundant the reason why I purchased this app to begin with. I use it as a final edit to photos and also as a means to apply a watermark to my photographs. There are a lot of other great photo apps on the market and I’m aware of this but, I am used to Diptic and would love to see an update to their software so that I can continue using it.
This is NOT a crippled version
It’s actually very easy to change the aspect ratio in this Mac version, although it’s not readily apparent. According to the short Help section on their support site (hightly recommended reading for useful tips):
"How do I create a customized layout size?
Go to the Finish screen and scroll to the export size options. Enter the largest dimension size (for example: if your desired output was 200x300, you would enter 300 in the right box) in the proper box (left is width and right is height). Then, use the Aspect Ratio slider to achieve the desired dimensions. Moving it to the left will create tall and skinny Diptics, and moving it to the right will create short and wide (landscape) Diptics. You can also manually type the desired ratio in the box to the right of the Aspect Ratio slider."
I just tried it to make a collage for a HDTV presentation, setting it to a 16:9 aspect ratio, with a size of 1920x1080 px, and it worked like a charm.
The app no longer supports text - you can see it in the app, but upon export there is no text. It’s also limited to 3072 x 3072 pixels which is only 9 megapixels in total size - fine for social media, but more resolution would be nice in this era of 4K/5K displays. It seems like the developer has abandoned this app, so it’s time I uninstall it. There are better options out there - don’t buy this.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.