Direct Remote is a Wi-Fi remote control for your DIRECTV receiver that allows you to control your receiver using your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad from anywhere on your Wi-Fi network. Works with Genie Client Receivers as well as RVU enabled TV sets. See notes below to check compatibility with your DIRECTV system.
• Voice control for DIRECTV receivers!
• Control using gestures or a more traditional touch interface
• Quick tuning for up to 65 favorite channels
• Shortcuts and home widgets
• Program guide for favorite channels
• Displays program information and name of the program you are watching
• Automatically discovers receivers on network
• Enables easy control in dark
• Allows control of every receiver on the network with one device
• Receiver can be hidden in a cabinet or another room
• Works with DIRECTV receivers enabled for network control (see compatible models below)
*** Requires iOS 10.0 or higher.
• Receiver must be connected to Wi-Fi network in order for this app to work. One way to check this is to push the right arrow on your remote control. If you have access to Internet connected apps, your receiver is connected to the network.
• Compatible models are all Genie receivers and clients, HR20, HR21, R22, R23, HR24 and H21, H23, H24, H25 and all newer receivers. Also works with 3rd party RVU enabled TV sets. You can verify your model by looking under the front panel door of your receiver.
• Controls DirecTV receiver only, will not control your TV power or volume
If you have any questions prior to purchasing, feel free to contact me using the support link.
• Added system wide dark mode for iOS 13
• Bug fixes
• Removed app version of dark mode
Ratings and Reviews
App should be free
Your app has come in handy. But I’d like my $1.00 back. It should be free. I’m newly paralyzed and drop and lose everything. I added this app so I wouldn’t have to inconvenience others to help me locate my remote immediately when I misplace it. I couldn’t give it 5 stars because the tutorial provided more confusion than clarity for me. Also there are things on the screen such as those four colored circles that seem to provide no purpose which could be used for more important remote features for instance volume controls. Descent app none the less.
Love this app!
Not sure why other reviews are so negative. This app is awesome! I hate the fact that the DirecTV remote doesn’t have a backlit feature. Trying to fumble around with the buttons in the dark is next to impossible. This app is a great replacement and is now what I use when watching tv in bed. If it gets a dark mode it’ll be 5 stars for me. Highly recommend!
Works well and has good Technical Support
I found that this app works very well. After I downloaded a new iOS, however, I was having a problem. I contacted the developer, and got an immediate email back suggesting a solution that worked like a charm.
The only suggestion I would have for improvement would be to add the ability to swipe and see what is coming up on a channel (as you can do with the Guide on the handheld remote). Still, this is a great app and deserves five stars.
- David Likosar
- 83.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 David Likosar
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.