Download the DIRECTV app, a companion to your DIRECTV service, and enjoy a world of entertainment. Watch Live TV and recorded shows, catch up on the latest movies and shows with On Demand, and schedule recordings on your DVR—no additional equipment needed, at no extra cost.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, Live or On Demand
• Stream or download your home DVR recordings to your devices.
• Enjoy the latest releases from premium channels you subscribe to like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• Switch screens! Watch your favorite show on one device then tap a button to send it to the big screen. And vice versa—send a show from your TV to your device!
• Record your favorite movies and shows from anywhere!
• Content running long? Add extra time to your recording and don’t miss a second of your favorite content
• Use your mobile device to pause, play, and rewind the program that’s playing on your TV
• When you want to find a show, just speak up. Voice search can help you find exactly what you're looking for. You can even set it to display results on your TV
• Set parental controls and enjoy peace of mind over what your kids are watching
• iPad ® running iOS 13 or later
• DIRECTV customers must have a Residential Home account registered on DIRECTV's website to access the DIRECTV app for tablets
• Watching On Demand or select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or 3G/4G Internet connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
• Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
• Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
• DVR streaming and downloading requires Internet-connected Genie HD DVR model HR44 or higher and compatible mobile device. To download, must be in-home on same Wi-Fi network connected to DVR
• App download, advertisements and non-streaming app activity may incur data usage
• Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
• Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
In rare instances, scheduled recording(s) may not be recognized. Only available on certain receivers.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For more information on the DIRECTV App, please visit: http://directv.com/appfaq
- Devices on iOS 10 or lower no longer supported
Ratings and Reviews
The developer of this app proves that some child should be left behind. It routinely freezes up, and when it thaws, the audio isn't synced with the video. Many stations are not supported so that it appears that the app is merely directing you to what content it wants you to watch. From an organization that claims to be an industry leader, I think it's reasonable to expect quite a bit more than is delivered.
Update: I just deleted this app as it is simply a very frustrating waste of time and space. Frankly, I saw better application writing 50 years ago in a systems engineering class of an introductory level class. Also, I can't understand how it is rating 4.7 stars. Looking at the reviews, the vast majority of them are single star rating with many comments being that even 1 star was only given because zero stars was not an option. Well, I'm leaving Direct tv and will be giving Dish a try .
Very buggy app
I don’t know how this app manages to hold on to such a high rating. I have been using it for several years and have had the same bugs in every version, even on multiple devices, and every iteration of iOS upgrade. Every morning I have to open, close, and open again multiple times before I can even get to live TV. It always says there is a network issue. This happens regardless of being on wi-fi or cellular networks. It has happened on every device I have owned since the app became available. Nearly every day the audio drops out for a minute or two. It eventually returns but it’s annoying. I never noticed this before because I have not used the app more than an hour or so at a time, but under the current circumstances of self-quarantining I leave it on to watch the news while I’m working. I have noticed every day that after 2 - 2.5 hours of continuous watching the live feed goes away and returns to my channel list and will no longer live stream. I have to completely close the app and reopen it to stream again (repeat above problems).
This app is so frustrating to use because of the bugs that AT&T would have to make quite a few improvements for me to consider any more than three stars. Oh, and did I mention that the interface has remained virtually unchanged in three years. Guess they found the pinnacle of UX perfection in the development phase.
Direct tv should just stop their mobile support because it absolutely does not work. Just try and get regular tv right. Try's to be way to secure and unhelpful. Should transition to a Netflix style support app constantly crashes can't watch ever show on app. Record feature automatically stops recording shows you want to watch. I'm taking the time to write because I want to watch the walking dead but can't because of an update that will not properly install. So then I go to watch it live on my MacBook go to the website ps u have to click like 6 different links and sign in 2 times before u can get to the watch direct tv screen. Then u can navigate to the show click the show click on another play button and again click on another play button no I didn't type that twice on accident. Then another play button that has no response not even a failure to play response. Just loading forever. So then Im like I'll just watch in live from the direct t. Website. Go to the guide function find the amc channel click the little play button and again no response just loading forever....."..................... really terrible and expensive junk zero if I could. Also strangely many reviews have 5 stars but their comments are negative. My theory is that the review function in the app automatically gives a 5 star and users don't end up changing the stars?
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 209.3 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- ©2018 DIRECTV, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.