Download the DIRECTV app, a companion to your DIRECTV service, and enjoy a world of entertainment. Watch Live TV and recorded shows, catch up on the latest movies and shows with On Demand, and schedule recordings on your DVR—no additional equipment needed, at no extra cost. Plus now stream DIRECTV data-free on AT&T.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, Live or On Demand
• New! Data Free TV lets you stream DIRECTV on your devices—without using your data
(Requires eligible DIRECTV & AT&T data services. Excl. & restr. apply. Content varies and must be streamed through the DIRECTV App. Use subject to wireless service terms including those related to data speed. Streaming may not work at reduced speeds.)
• Stream or download your home DVR recordings to your devices.
• Enjoy the latest releases from premium channels you subscribe to like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• Switch screens! Watch your favorite show on one device then tap a button to send it to the big screen. And vice versa—send a show from your TV to your device!
• Record your favorite movies and shows from anywhere!
• Content running long? Add extra time to your recording and don’t miss a second of your favorite content
• Use your mobile device to pause, play, and rewind the program that’s playing on your TV
• When you want to find a show, just speak up. Voice search can help you find exactly what you're looking for. You can even set it to display results on your TV
• Set parental controls and enjoy peace of mind over what your kids are watching
• iPad ® 2, iPad ® Mini and iPad ® Air running iOS 9 or later
• DIRECTV customers must have a Residential Home account registered on DIRECTV's website to access the DIRECTV app for tablets
• Watching On Demand or select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or 3G/4G Internet connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
• Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
• Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
• DVR streaming and downloading requires Internet-connected Genie HD DVR model HR44 or higher and compatible mobile device. To download, must be in-home on same Wi-Fi network connected to DVR
• Data Free TV requires DIRECTV & AT&T Mobility postpaid data service or an eligible prepaid monthly plan. App download, advertisements and non-streaming app activity may incur data usage
• Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
• Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
In rare instances, scheduled recording(s) may not be recognized. Only available on certain receivers.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For more information on the DIRECTV App, please visit: http://directv.com/appfaq
* Bug fixes & Enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
If you would have asked me about the app before the last update, I would've given it five stars. I think it's great that you can watch the things that you've recorded remotely on your devices. I think it's unfortunate that only one person can watch them at a time, but that's even workable. It was better than what my options were prior to moving to Directv. However with this latest update the app crashes constantly. I am no longer able to watch a show without it crashing every few minutes. It's irritating, it's frustrating, and when it starts over or allows you to watch the show, you have to start from the beginning and often times cannot fast-forward it. I found that I don't watch many shows on the app because it's too irritating!
Read this BEFORE downloading!
How can DirecTV possibly show a rating of “4.7 out of 5” w/ the preponderance of 1 Star ratings? Possibly because most of these extremely poor ratings are the most recent? We previously had Dish TV and had a much better experience w/ their app for remote viewing on an iPad. Admittedly, there were other problems w/ Dish that caused us to migrate to DirectTV but we are now extremely disappointed in that decision. Our only choice may be to return to Cable TV though we dislike that as well. The DirecTV app has worked very intermittently for us while south for the month. I finally got tired of asking our neighbor at home to go into our house and reset the DirecTV receiver which would enable the DirecTV app on our iPad to function for a couple days before we could again no longer remotely connect to the receiver. Here is a PARTIAL SOLUTION that I highly recommend: BEFORE leaving home, place the power cord for the DirecTV receiver into a plug-in lamp timer that will shut the power off briefly in the middle of the night. This causes the receiver to reboot once each night. That worked for a while but now again we can no longer connect at all. Tech support can only tell us that we must return home to re-establish the proper connection while both the receiver and our iPad are connected to the very same WiFi network. This app is not worth the trouble!
I bought an iPad specifically to use the deal Direct Tv advertised of streaming your TV anywhere. It used to work every now and then. But now most the channels don’t work. They either don’t show up on my channel list or I get an error message saying my receivers is in use although I was told I could have up to five devices on the app. Or I’m told this content is unavailable even if it’s not a sports thing that maybe would be blacked out. Every time I call DirecTV they have no idea what to tell me, but they read me the same lines saying “the channel lineup is being renegotiated and some channels may not be available while they’re being renegotiated.” Or they say “the channels you get streaming are not the same as the ones you get on your home Wi-Fi network.” But I know those things are lies because they told me the same since Christmas Day last year and yet sometimes it does work sometimes it doesn’t . No one at DirecTV customer service or tech-support knows how to help get this fixed. If I could take these two tablets back and get my money back for the months I’ve already paid for and have them off my account I would. But I really just wish it would work as they advertised it and as it sometimes works. As it is now this is a useless terrible app. And the people DirecTV do not know how to support it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.