Download the DIRECTV app, a companion to your DIRECTV service, and enjoy a world of entertainment. Watch Live TV and recorded shows, catch up on the latest movies and shows with On Demand, and schedule recordings on your DVR—no additional equipment needed, at no extra cost. Plus now stream DIRECTV data-free on AT&T.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, Live or On Demand
• New! Data Free TV lets you stream DIRECTV on your devices—without using your data
(Requires eligible DIRECTV & AT&T data services. Excl. & restr. apply. Content varies and must be streamed through the DIRECTV App. Use subject to wireless service terms including those related to data speed. Streaming may not work at reduced speeds.)
• Stream or download your home DVR recordings to your devices.
• Enjoy the latest releases from premium channels you subscribe to like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• Switch screens! Watch your favorite show on one device then tap a button to send it to the big screen. And vice versa—send a show from your TV to your device!
• Record your favorite movies and shows from anywhere!
• Content running long? Add extra time to your recording and don’t miss a second of your favorite content
• Use your mobile device to pause, play, and rewind the program that’s playing on your TV
• When you want to find a show, just speak up. Voice search can help you find exactly what you're looking for. You can even set it to display results on your TV
• Set parental controls and enjoy peace of mind over what your kids are watching
• iPhone® 5 or later, iPod touch ® 5th generation running iOS 9 or later
• DIRECTV customers must have a Residential Home account registered on DIRECTV's website to access the DIRECTV app for tablets
• Watching On Demand or select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or 3G/4G Internet connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
• Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
• Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
• DVR streaming and downloading requires Internet-connected Genie HD DVR model HR44 or higher and compatible mobile device. To download, must be in-home on same Wi-Fi network connected to DVR
• Data Free TV requires DIRECTV & AT&T Mobility postpaid data service or an eligible prepaid monthly plan. App download, advertisements and non-streaming app activity may incur data usage
• Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
• Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
in rare instances, scheduled recording(s) may not be recognized. Only available on certain receivers.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For more information on the DIRECTV App, please visit: http://directv.com/appfaq
* Bug Fixes & Enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Selecting a TV show or movie.
So it fair for my comments I think I should say I’ using the app on and iPhone 6 that’s using the iOS version 11.2.1. With out making the thumbs nails smaller I’m not sure how you get more on the screen, but as I’m seeing four of every category then as I try and skip ahead with in the category it will only load the next 3 the get hung up and then spend thirty to sixty seconds trying to reconnect. So the app can reload the same thumb nails. Happens a lot in the Live category. I am only make the assumption that it is updating the app because live TV is that. Live TV, so it must update. Yet, it is very annoying. I watch a certain sport show that’s broadcast live on the app starting at 9:00 AM CST and ends at 12:00CST and and once it’s going J don’t have that many issues, but with the constant reloading of the thumbnails makes me be like a ninja swiping from right to left trying to reach my TV show before it makes the decision to reset and then start the list over. That’s is really frustrating. I have more, but I’m sure people have fallen asleep by now.
This app is needs an entire makeover. Let’s start with the fact that it takes FOREVER to load. no other tv app on my phone is like that, then sometimes the tv shows I was watching will disappear from under the continue watching section. Like it’s 2018 my shows should NOT be disappearing, then when I go to rewatch the show that disappeared it sometimes won’t let you fast forward to where you left off at, so I have to rewatch the entire show again.🤦🏾♀️ (which I won’t do). also sometimes when you binge watch shows back to back the app will let you skip commercials and guess what instead of just jumping back to the tv screen it’ll basically hop to each commercial but don’t play it & THEN the show will come back on. Y’all do realize when it does that it takes as much time as a commercial does. Also what’s the point of having tv shows up there that I can’t watch ? And I’m not talking about premium channel shows either. The entire saved by the bell show was listed but I couldn’t watch it. hmmm let’s see oh yea and STOP PLAYING THE SAME COMMERCIALS. NO ONE WANTS TO WAYCH THE SAME COMMERCIAL OVER AND OVER AND OVER. You all also need to fix the FOX channel because it doesn’t work on my phone/app with none of my devices. I had to download the actual fox app. This app also freezes too much and I think that’s about it. You all need some serious help if you want me to come to corporate I’ll be more than happy to help make you all become more efficient and effective.
DIRECTV’s Television Interface
Not only is that app for your phone or iPad extremely glitchy, but DIRECTV’s new television interface is horrendous. I have DIRECTV wired directly from my Satellite dish to a Mini Genie, and am appalled at the menu changes. Currently, though “prettier”, One can no longer Mark a position in a playback or live show with the push of one button in order to return to it at a later date; the bottom area of the screen is blacked out for quite a few seconds if one pauses, backs up, or rewinds, etc. This is particularly distressing when watching sports channels, where one might want to continue to see the bottom 1/4th of the screen And view the “crawl” for the score, or continuing updates of other games, etc. The previous interface, largely analog, with a simple menu across the left-hand side, very intuitively allowed one to “Search“, “Record“, “settings” “manage recordings”, etc., without all of the pretty pictures, and repetition which now takes up over 75% of the right-hand side of the interface which use to freeze the show one was actually watching. Whatever happened to testing with real life people and keeping the ergonomics simple??. A thoroughly outrageous and Horrendous interface.
GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS INTERFACE DIRECTv !!! Or, we all go to another carrier . We expect much better from DIRECTV and from AT&T.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.