Collect discs and break bricks; see how far you can go without letting a brick hit the red line! It's harder than it looks...
Angle the throw of your disc so that you bounce off of as many bricks as possible before it comes back. With each new row, the bricks get harder to break, but you can collect more discs as you go.
Sometimes, power-ups may appear! Collect them and use them later to get out of a tight spot!
- Added the option to "minimize haptics", which makes it so that haptics only play for a new turn and other important actions
- Added the option to “disable animations”, which makes it so that all brick, power-up, and coin collision and particle animations do not occur.
- Made it so that aiming past the acceptable angle no longer causes the angle to become less shallow
- Fixed an odd issue where switching from one board size to another, where one board size's score is a higher number of digits than the other, causes the board frame to not render the correct color
- Made it so users will know if a theme which they have not yet seen is in the shop that day
- Changed the daily shop selection algorithm to ensure a certain number of cheaper themes are available (assuming they haven't been bought already)
- Changed the daily shop selection algorithm to not include additional themes if the ones intended to be listed have already been purchased
- Adjusted the rate of power-up distribution to create a more consistent frequency of occurrence across different levels.
- Added new “Arcade” themes
- Updated the "Seasons" and "Sunset" themes to improve the environment aesthetics
Ratings and Reviews
Great game, could use a few minor improvements
After spending a couple days with this game, I love it. A free game with no ads is almost impossible to come by these days, and it is incredibly satisfying to play. I’ve played this with people nearby and they always stop what they’re doing to watch, because this game is that exciting to watch. However, a few ideas to make this game better, most are nitpicks.
1.) Achievement system: So players can have something to strive toward or feel satisfaction for clearing a while screen.
2.) Mute button: Add an option to turn off the sound in the game, I enjoy listening to music and I don’t like the clicking sounds of the game while I listen.
3.) Steep difficulty spike: At around round 50, this game fills your screen with blocks. I’d love to be able to go to triple digits, but once you get to 50, the game just about stops you from going further.
Amazing game, I would highly recommend anyone download and play. Play this game as soon as you can.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great review! I’m glad you’re liking the game.
I am in the process of submitting an update (1.1) to Apple that will reward bonus discs for turns where the board gets cleared completely of bricks. It will also have an option to mute in-game sounds. This update is currently working its way through the approval processes, so hopefully it will be out later this week.
As for the difficulty spike, the upcoming board-clear rewards will help a bit, but I would also recommend considering some tactics that are shown in the preview video for this app. My strategy is this: when possible, always work from the top down (rather than the bottom up). I only go for the bottom bricks when I’m really in a bind. You’ll find that, as you clear higher bricks, the lower ones frequently get cleared incidentally. Also, this can cause your discs to get “trapped” between lower and higher bricks, leading to more productive turns. Think in terms of maximizing brick hits per disc overall. With this strategy, you‘ll be able to break past the 50s or maybe even 100 in no time!
Been addicted to this game
Saw this game after the creator posted it on Reddit and I love it. I’ve spent wayyyy to much time on this game for my own good (just hit 174). It gets 4 stars due to a few simple things that should be changed. The main one is that the 2x power ups should be stackable, as I find almost no reason to save them after another one shows up on the board. The second thing is that the 2x power ups should be more consistent. Sometimes I’ll be playing and they will show up twice in a short period of time when i don’t even need them, and then other times I will have gone through 30-40 before finding them. This brings me to my last point, which is the predictably. After playing this game for about a month at least 2 hours a day, I can name exactly when the big waves of blocks come. There are ones ~ 30,50,68,88,114,135,150,180. I don’t think i should be able to say that. One more thing, there is this feature where two blocks that are next to each other can be hit at the same time. I’ve tried mastering the skill of consistently hitting them, but it is always a gamble. I can’t tell if this is a bug or a feature, but IMO it either needs to be turned off or given a larger margin of error so it can be used as a real strategy instead of a gamble.
Ton of fun, difficulty spike leads to playing slog over and over
Amazingly fun game. I’ve got double digit hours in the last week since installing it. Getting a bunch of discs stuff bouncing around is so rewarding. And the extra themes are 100% worth the dollar a piece.
The only downside is the difficulty doesn’t scale well. So you spend most of your time playing to super slog/slow levels over and over to get back to where it’s really exciting. I’m not sure what the fix is, but I know that getting one extra disc per board clear isn’t it. That happens so rarely, and when you’re in the hard levels with a board full of 70+ point blocks, what good is 3 extra discs?
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Roger Pollard
- 96.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Roger Pollard
- In-App Purchases
- Disc Brick Deluxe $5.99
- Classy Theme $1.99
- Ocean Theme $2.99
- Sunset Theme $2.99
- Seasons Theme $2.99
- Arcade Theme (Cool) $4.99
- Fresh Theme $1.99
- Windsail Theme $1.99
- Gold Theme $7.99
- Arcade Theme (Warm) $4.99