DiscoBrick is a standalone audio visualizer.
It visually responds to every note and beat of your audio captures, creating dazzling visual effects that are a treat to the eye, with 90+ Themes that could be enriched by your own pictures or live video.
A quick video review is available on DiscoBrick home: http://www.discobrick.com/discobrick.mp4
If you want to try it for FREE, an unlimited trial version (just a nagging demo text placed where it hurts the most) is available on www.discobrick.com, the PRO version add VJ tools (like Syphon) and full MIDI and MPE support (Roli devices and so on) for professionals, DJ and musicians).
- Support Stereo 3D on any active/passive/autostereo 3D TV or 3D device supporting SBS (side-by-side) stereo 3D;
- Works in Window, Fullscreen and in background as a Live Desktop;
- Uses default Audio Input (default Mic, Line-In or any other external input device recognized by OSX) with adjustable sensitivity;
- Optional Video Input using the built-in or external camera (if available);
- Textures in scenes can be replaced with your own pictures, Flickr pictures and live video;
- Support an RSS URL feed to display news over visualization, in three cool fonts;
- Control Panel available in three size with predefined and custom skins;
- The Theme Manager help you to sort(/enable/disable any theme you like to find your optimal sequence;
- Customizable framerate from low to high speed;
- An active audio source, like internal or external mic, USB or line-in;
- A GPU with at least 512MB of VRAM (performance may vary depending on resolution and GPU);
- Optional: a camera can replace textures in realtime;
- Optional: an active/passive/autostereo 3D TV/Projector hardware for stereo display.
DiscoBrick can create flashing lights which may not be suitable for photosensitive epilepsy.
- interface and general bug fixes for the latest version of Mojave;
Ratings and Reviews
Found a bug - Works pretty good
Found a bug - if you use the timer interval, say 30 seconds, and skip to the next effect (I use right arrow key - which is undocumented by the way), the timer doesn't reset.
Tip: Darker effects are better for use with refractive glasses! It's pretty cool - try it out!
It's a good app, but I find the effects to be uneven. They should be tested using the same song. For some effects I need to crank the music. But when I do that, it makes other effects way too bright.
The best example of this is "Orbital Mess." It starts off with a black screen. And since it's not "sensitive enough", I'd have to turn up the music for it to work.
Also, I can't seem to figuire out how to get the Mac Mini to visualize to my Apple TV (since it doesn't have a microphone). It works just fine on my Macbook since it has a built-in mic.
Broken themes still not fixed...over a year later. Really?
This could be a great app, but there are 12 of 90 effects that simply do not work and leave you with a dark screen (see list of broke themes below). Adjusting the audio level makes no difference. Additionally, the themes manager is wonky and appears not to work correctly especially with the "Invert Selection" tab which simply reverts you to the first the first effect. The "On Screen Font" does absolutely nothing despite being offered choices of "Standard, Rounded, or Modern". Hopefully the developers will improve this app.
1. Lasershow: WaveRibbons
2. The Wave
3. The Ring
5. Morpho Chaos
7. Expander Painted
9. Radial 3D
11. Electrogauges Shanghai
12. Vintage Spectrum
I spent 6 bucks expecting a couple basic features and a functioning app. I was doubly dissapointed. Features I expected were #1 descent graphics. Itunes visualizer is a thousand times better. This looks rather cheesy. #2 smoothly transitioning graphics. No transitions exist. Whats worse is the thyeme windows open and then stop responding. I had to completely close the program and reopen it several times this evening while playing with this app trying to get it to work and get the windows to close. I’m really bummed I spent 6 bucks on this. The ONLY thing good about this app is it works with pandora… but its so aweful I won’t be using it.
- Giovanni Dal Negro
- 8.3 MB
OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © ®2019 DiB Software development
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.